Labrador park

Status
Not open for further replies.

likimikuku

Nov 9, 2007
do any 1 know the best way to go there??
saw some good pic about that place..
i search it in Diractory any can take mrt to Harbour Front station and there is 4 km away from the station.. do there hav bus to go there??

if i go there to snap pic..
what will i expect ??
any suggestion??

thank in advance!!:lovegrin:

yes, now there is a bus from the bus terminal OPPOSITE the harbour front station, if you are familiar with the area, there is a hawker centre there. to get there from harbourfront, go to the harbourfront area, when you come up from the mrt tunnel you will see a escalator going up, take it, turn right at the subway shop (it should be subway, i think, it was last time, but i haven't noticed what is there now) and there is a door leading out to an overhead bridge. cross it all the way, go down to the hawker centre, the bus terminal is behind the hawker center.

the bus service number is 408. very short ride of maybe 10-15 minutes.

will drop you right smack at the entrance, i used to take 93 until the psa building and walk in all the way, now don't need.

what should you expect? boats, railings, people, and a small beach and a jetty. for what the jetty/beach area looks like, see here and here; the cranes are gone already though, i think. please note the locking hours of the gate when you go down into the beach.. anyways when it is too dark also no point.

i was planing to do some night lanscape..that what i do most..
when is the "lock-out" time??

i was planing to do some night lanscape..that what i do most..
when is the "lock-out" time??

i cannot remember exactly, should be 8pm? i always check when i reach there. sunset timing is good too, why not just shoot sunset AND night. anyways even that area (the beach, you won't miss much, really) is locked, there are a few playgrounds in the area which are dimly lit, you can try those. if you want to take the smoke stacks/chimneys far away in the distance as well, be sure to bring a long long lens, this is 300mm and still not sufficient in reach.

saw your pic...
nice.:thumbsup:

"Murlock's Delight"
nice...mind that i add you in my contact.. flikr..

p.s: i dun hav a long lens.
only kit lens 18-135

"Murlock's Delight"
nice...mind that i add you in my contact.. flikr..

p.s: i dun hav a long lens.
only kit lens 18-135

sure, why not? always good to have another flickr singaporean on my contact list.

well, then for night, there will be the jetty, and the playgrounds like i mentioned :)

labrador park is not so brightly lit if i recall. hrm. i think 7-8pm still can, beyond that, there is no point since the sky will be very black, but who knows? :)

have fun shooting there, it's a beautiful place :)

sure, why not? always good to have another flickr singaporean on my contact list.

well, then for night, there will be the jetty, and the playgrounds like i mentioned :)

labrador park is not so brightly lit if i recall. hrm. i think 7-8pm still can, beyond that, there is no point since the sky will be very black, but who knows? :)

have fun shooting there, it's a beautiful place :)

haha.. Malaysian here..
ok.. will try arrange and go this weekend..

yep, i think it was 8pm when the gates to the jetty closes. if you go early, i think the park has some guided tours (although i don't know it is worth it.. i wasn't able to try).

it may be a good idea to bring an umbrella also. just in case it rains. :D

Do note that bus 408 operates only on Saturdays and Sundays.

You can check the bus schedule at the SBS transit website.

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/transport/trpt_bus_overview.aspx

Alternatively, you can take bus number 61 and 166 from the Harbourfront bus stop, alight at the PSA building and do a 15-20 minutes of walking to Labrador park. Walking there, there're two roads heading to the Labrador area, the left road is the long way while the right road, you'll need to go up a steep slope.

Most photos here shows that the Labrador park is empty, that's not the case as it has become more crowded as more people comes to know about it. Even on weekdays, there're many school buses filled with school children having their field trip there.

Map.

http://www.map.gov.sg/StreetMap/

HTH.

Thought of going there today too, hopefully the clouds give way for the sun later.

http://app.nea.gov.sg/data/mss/docs/ncastmap.htm
Forecast to be cloudy for the whole day..

as long as it is not rainy, you alwyas have an equal chance of getting a good sunset, trust me :)

you don't need it to be sunny to have a good sunset, clouds add drama to any landscape; i'd rather have some clouds than a clear sky.. though admittedly sometimes too much is too much

as long as it is not rainy, you alwyas have an equal chance of getting a good sunset, trust me :)

you don't need it to be sunny to have a good sunset, clouds add drama to any landscape; i'd rather have some clouds than a clear sky.. though admittedly sometimes too much is too much

Cool, thanks for the tip. Rushing down right now :)

just went there on sat!!
great!!
but might be going back next time for sun rise!!

just went there on sat!!
great!!
but might be going back next time for sun rise!!

not sure if labrador park is good for sunrise, because based on memory, you will not be able to see the sunrise, it will be on the other side, and should be blocked.

better places for sunrise would include changi beach, most of the reservoirs with a wide enough open space - but for the latter you would have to find an appropriate spot

not sure if labrador park is good for sunrise, because based on memory, you will not be able to see the sunrise, it will be on the other side, and should be blocked.

better places for sunrise would include changi beach, most of the reservoirs with a wide enough open space - but for the latter you would have to find an appropriate spot

ya ho!!
haha.. right the sunrise should be on the other side...:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.