Labrador Park, Blue Hour

kehjz

Jan 29, 2009

Labrador Park by kehjz, on Flickr

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
i need advise on composition, and with regards to the lack of interest in most of my landscape pictures, how can i include a point of interest on landscapes like this (just the sea and the horizon in the background)?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
hope to show the changes in color of the sky from sunset-blue hour

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
sony a230 with kit lens, 8 sec, f11 at 55mm, iso 100, tripod mounted
the sun has already set, but the color of the sun can still be seen near the horizon

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
lack interest in the picturea

wish to get advise from the seniors here so i can improve on my landscape photography, thank u :)

Nice !

For sunset photo it will be better to be horizon, if possible you could add some interesting subject into your foreground, which will make your sunset photo more interesting.

I had one thread about sunset at Labrador Park, some interesting objects were added at the foreground to improve the composition, hope this will help to explain my points.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/483653-Trees-Labrador-Park

Woodlands Waterfront - similar location to Labrador Park

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/701564-Woodlands-Waterfront?highlight=

thank you for the input, i never thought that moving back a few steps would add interest to my composition (the trees, leaves),
have always been trying to stick as close to the fences as possible everytime, HAHA,
thank you i will try that the next time i go for any sunset shooting

thank you for the input, i never thought that moving back a few steps would add interest to my composition (the trees, leaves),
have always been trying to stick as close to the fences as possible everytime, HAHA,
thank you i will try that the next time i go for any sunset shooting

Looking forward to your future posting in CS, Labrador Park always a very good location for sunset photographic.

Happy shooting. :)