Labrador Park Beach CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarboutique

Mar 23, 2009
AMK
I went to Labrador park earlier this week and found out that the access gate to the beach has been closed wef from 10June.

IMG_4639.JPG

Looks like bad joke but not an official announcement. It misses the most important phrase about "inconvenience caused .. is regretted.."

Looks like bad joke but not an official announcement. It misses the most important phrase about "inconvenience caused .. is regretted.."

lets hope this is a joke and not true :)

Hmm, you guys mean the notice is a joke or TS start a joke? :dunno:

Hmm, i saw it last sat, the notice was indeed there. :(

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5179034&postcount=148

You can try calling the number to find out true or not. My only intention is to help those planning to go there save a trip and not be disappointed.

I find it kinda odd. Who is this organization in charge? Who/what/where is their office?

the phone number is a valid nparks office number, hence this might be real. But I wonder why isnt it issued with proper letter head and signing off of authority.

Well, am not surprising they call to close it.

Imagine, rubbish is left and thrown everywhere and no one seems to take note on the littering and dont seems to clean their litter.

This is due to the act of un-responsible patron that lead to this closure.....:(

Every park is the same, but that doesn't warrant the extreme measure of closing that beach off.

I've been to that beach many times and I find liter there to be minimum. Crowd is not that heavy except on weekends. Weekdays almost no one there. And what fragile marine ecosystem they are protecting?

The only people I know that might be doing harm to whatever ecosystem is there are the occasional fishermen I saw putting traps along the coast. And also smokers who smoked and liter :thumbsd:

But to close that entire beach off is way too extreme. Must protest!

how come there is no National Parks logo on the notice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.