L lens for 1100d

Musicx

Mar 4, 2012
I am thinking of getting a L lens end of year for my 1100d. do you think it will be suitable?
I am aiming for a 70-200mm lens

Why must be L lens?

I am thinking of getting a L lens end of year for my 1100d. do you think it will be suitable?
I am aiming for a 70-200mm lens

Sounds like a case of BBB virus to me. Are you forcing yourself to buy a lens because you are craving for an L?

If you need to ask, you don't need it...But..if you have no where else to spend that money, by all means..help to stimulate the economy

It will fit, if that's what you are asking.

Go buy it. No one is gonna stop you really.

No, I might not need a l Len, but I need a lens which is 70-200 or more

Well...it seems like the BBB virus spreading.Why must it be a L lens then?There are so many other lens around.More importantly is your skills (Framing & Composition) & much more.Even if u have the best body & lens doesnt make you a good photographer,unless u have the necessary skill & technique.But then again,if $$$ is not an issue here you always buy,it's your dough.Cheers!

Marcus7 said:
Well...it seems like the BBB virus spreading.Why must it be a L lens then?There are so many other lens around.More importantly is your skills (Framing & Composition) & much more.Even if u have the best body & lens doesnt make you a good photographer,unless u have the necessary skill & technique.But then again,if $$$ is not an issue here you always buy,it's your dough.Cheers!

Oh, I am new , will 70-200 normal lens able to shoot at airshow which the aircraft is flying?

No, I might not need a l Len, but I need a lens which is 70-200 or more

If you are going to be using that range and have the budget then go ahead and buy it. It's certainly an outstanding lens.

Like the old saying: "Buy nice or buy twice". Seems to be especially true for this hobby.

consider the 55-250 F4 IS, cheap and good (or, good enough). light and wider focal lengths. drop also not so heart pain. can use red duct tape to make red line ard lens barrel see if it improves Image Quality

Oh, I am new , will 70-200 normal lens able to shoot at airshow which the aircraft is flying?

Airshow, likely to be using more of 70-200 + 1.4 or 2x TC

SkyStrike said:
Airshow, likely to be using more of 70-200 + 1.4 or 2x TC

Ok, the 1.4x can work on all lens?

Alright, thanks for your suggestion

I hope you read up on the lens before committing to buy it. And you may also want to evaluate your own needs and how much focal length you need.

*And also do note that the 18-270's far end of 270 is f6.3 which is pretty dark, please also understand how this may affect your shooting.*

Ok, the 1.4x can work on all lens?
I believe Canon's TC only work on EF Mount lens. EF-S mount lens don't think can use the TC...

Last edited:
1.4x/2x TC only can be mounted on telephoto lenses due to the protruding inner element, 70-200mm series, 135L and above etc

get L lens the picture really blow you far far

get L lens the picture really blow you far far

Nah. If you saw a great picture you would not be able to tell with what lens it was taken, and L or non-L will not help there. Don't just be a blind fanboi who thinks L means great pictures.

Ok, thanks for all the suggestion, i will try to research when I get to my pc.