kyocera M410R anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampalienx

Jun 30, 2004
West
Hi does any one of them owns the Kyocera M410R 10x Zoom DC? Hows the performance? Image quality and handlings? Any idea abt the latest price for this cam?

Got mine at PC show in June @Sgd 769 bundled with 128MB SD card ,bag,Nimh Battery + Charger,card reader.
The tube adapter supplied as standard can take 52mm filters and tele/wide converter lenses.this single piece of accessories is one of the most useful.
The speed of focussing and continous mode is amazing and the best part is that the LCD/EVF screen does not freeze or blackout during continous mode.
This is the only 10X camera in the market now that has this feature.
Build quality is excellent and features/menus/button are very easy to use even for first timer.
The dayfine LCD/EVF is very sharp and bright and I think one of the best.
Compared it to Minolta Z2 and the Kyocera's easily beats it.

Was on the verge o getting Z2 when the M410R advert caughtv my eye.Compared the specs and feelibg it at PC show swung my decision for the
M410R. NO REGRETS thus far !

theonly1, thanks for the info...however...i need to know abit more abt the cam... how is the power comsumption? is it heavy since the EVF if 300000 pixel... n do u hav any taken photos to share ...Thanks..

theonly1 said:
Got mine at PC show in June @Sgd 769 bundled with 128MB SD card ,bag,Nimh Battery + Charger,card reader.
The tube adapter supplied as standard can take 52mm filters and tele/wide converter lenses.this single piece of accessories is one of the most useful.
The speed of focussing and continous mode is amazing and the best part is that the LCD/EVF screen does not freeze or blackout during continous mode.
This is the only 10X camera in the market now that has this feature.
Build quality is excellent and features/menus/button are very easy to use even for first timer.
The dayfine LCD/EVF is very sharp and bright and I think one of the best.
Compared it to Minolta Z2 and the Kyocera's easily beats it.

Was on the verge o getting Z2 when the M410R advert caughtv my eye.Compared the specs and feelibg it at PC show swung my decision for the
M410R. NO REGRETS thus far !

I have a friend interested in the 410R too... may you share some photos taken with the camera?

Thanks.

The camera is actually lighter and smaller in real life.Ergonomics is excellent.
I m still tyring to utilise all the tools/options for better picture quality eg Histogram(yes before and after shot !),Wide.centre and spot metering.
There is a focus lock beep and green spot that accompanies succesful focus lock(audio visual).

Check out the following thread for photos samples

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=24944&forum_id=19

I did read the reviews at stevedigi.com but its abit too brief... n the sample photos is well... ok to me...i did compare it with with Canon IS ... seems like canon;s colour is more vivid n stronge..M410R's kind of more soft...yeah?

Is the auto focus very fast? i know the Z2 is fast...not sure abt the M410R...

Used it for 3 weeks b4 selling.

Only complaint about this camera is the heavy power consumption. Got at best about 120 shots on a set of 2100 mah batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.