KX vs K7

PeacefulDogie

Jul 17, 2010
how's the performence KX with AA battery ? can lasting how many shoot ?
How about k7 ? which one better ?

are u concerned only with the battery performance or overall?

overall:
generally kx is meant for entry level users with a lot of things catering to this level of users but it's popularity mostly came from it's superb ISO performance

as for k7, it has acceptable ISO performance but beats kx in every other aspects

as for kx battery, it really depends on what batteries u're using, a quick search on the interweb will land u some substantial numbers.

so K7 better than Kx
I really afraid of battery performance . can not lasting longer and have to bring a lot AA batties when shooting .

are u concerned only with the battery performance or overall?

overall:
generally kx is meant for entry level users with a lot of things catering to this level of users but it's popularity mostly came from it's superb ISO performance

as for k7, it has acceptable ISO performance but beats kx in every other aspects

as for kx battery, it really depends on what batteries u're using, a quick search on the interweb will land u some substantial numbers.

so K7 better than Kx
I really afraid of battery performance . can not lasting longer and have to bring a lot AA batties when shooting .

so K7 better than Kx

it is not an absolute better thing.

k-x iso performance better than k-7

it depends on what you want.

you can easily google for CIPA performance as others have directed you to do so.

it is not an absolute better thing.

k-x iso performance better than k-7

it depends on what you want.

you can easily google for CIPA performance as others have directed you to do so.

you bought it ? i am still consider KX and canon 550d cos my friends 50% use canon and 50% use pentax so confuse . I know Kx good but i afraid the battery

Cheap disposable (non rechargeable) batteries won't last very long.

Those more expensive lithium energizer type batteries will last VERY long (like 1000+ shots)

But most people will use Sanyo Eneloop rechargeables, a fully charged set will last about 400+ shots, which should be more than enough for one day of shooting. If its not enough just get another set of Eneloops as a backup. One pack of 4 is less than $18 if you order online, I can't remember who I ordered mine from though.

Its more of a hassle to take out the batteries to recharge though, since there are 4 of them instead of 1 big one for the K-7.

you bought it ? i am still consider KX and canon 550d cos my friends 50% use canon and 50% use pentax so confuse . I know Kx good but i afraid the battery

What is there to be afraid of the battery? It won't eat you up for sure. If you one time shoot 700 to 800 shots with flash on, the battery will run flat but then again it's AA batteries, 7-11 almost everywhere in the world, pop in and get a pack and you immediately shoot again. With non-AA you won't be able to do that, you will have to wait 2 to 3 hours for your battery to recharge before you can start to shoot again. There's pro and cons for everything, the AA can last you about 450 to 500 shots, whereas the K7 can last you for 700 to 800 shots, it's easier to find replacement battery for AA.

Those more expensive lithium energizer type batteries will last VERY long (like 1000+ shots)

But most people will use Sanyo Eneloop rechargeables, a fully charged set will last about 400+ shots, which should be more than enough for one day of shooting. If its not enough just get another set of Eneloops as a backup. One pack of 4 is less than $18 if you order online, I can't remember who I ordered mine from though.

Its more of a hassle to take out the batteries to recharge though, since there are 4 of them instead of 1 big one for the K-7.

you use Kx ? satisfied ? some of my friends said can lasting 1000 shot ? i was thinking to buy DSLR among KX , K7 or canon 550d .

why sound like that?

because of these posts, despite all the advice given.

i'm out of here.

you use Kx ? satisfied ? some of my friends said can lasting 1000 shot ? i was thinking to buy DSLR among KX , K7 or canon 550d .

K-x is a good DSLR for the price. Don't worry about it using AA batteries, its not a big deal.

K-x is a good DSLR for the price. Don't worry about it using AA batteries, its not a big deal.

i know KX good . but my DC brand pentax spoil within 2 year ...so i scare ... and AA battery also a point too

i know KX good . but my DC brand pentax spoil within 2 year ...so i scare ... and AA battery also a point too

?? :dunno: What DC brand pentax? I don't understand a single thing?
Spoil 2 year? If my DSLR spoil within 2 years i be sad but when i see there's a newer and better model which can justifies me to change, I can say YEs my Camera is spoil! CAN UPGRADE!! BBA!!!!! :devil: But if pocket no money, :cry:
But truthfully, Things now are not build to last. If it can last for 5 years, i am damn happy about it already. How you use or how you maintain the DSLR would affect it's lifespan which i believe in unless you got a "lemon" set.

And also, AA battery also a point too? What it means?
Why worry about AA battery?
CorneliusK has given good information and summary about types of AA batteries used.

let me tell u TS, initially i was concerned about AA batteries too, but come to think of it, Li-ion rechargeable batts are better in 2 ways:
1 being a solid block therefore easier in putting in and out
2 being longer batt life compared to usual rechargeable AAs

but AAs are available everywhere, especially in emergency cases.

nonetheless, go ahead and search for CIPA figures for kx

last but not least: do not ask nightmare wat camera he's using.. later he throw u with his camerasss.. lol

The supplied in-box batteries are Energizer Lithiums. We have been recommending Eneloops in previous threads. I have both. Battery life no issue for both. It also depends on your shooting style too.

Last edited:

DC spoilt or battery died? There is a big difference . . .

WHY ARE YOU COMPARING AN APPLE WITH AN ORANGE??

Give so much advise still ask STUPID questions. . .

PnS definitely very different from DSLR. Battery life for DSLR can really last.

As WE HAVE ALL SAID. battery is not an issue for both the K-x and K7.

Buy the K-x if you like it. Buy 2 sets of 4 Eneloops and you are read to go . . .

How long do you expect the batteries to last? 3000+ shots?

Last edited:
Throw a nickle in the air and let it fall on ground. If head facing up, get a K7, otherwise get a Kx. I think to OT any of these are more than enough.

AA batteries have never been a problem for any Pentax dSLR cameras which take AA batteries. Even K7 can use AA batteries if you get a battery grip for it :)