Kx slow instant review using DA lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

poseur

Jul 27, 2009
Hi,

Just want to post a little observation I experience with my Kx when using my 18-55 DAL kit lens.

When u turn on a combination of the Kx build in feature such as Len correction, Distortion correction etc etc. your instant review will be slower (maybe extra 2-3 seconds after a photo is taken). seems Kx is "processing: the image resulting in the slowness.

funny thing is...with all the correction feature turn on, I had tried FA, M, A lens, work like a charm, no slowness in the instant review. Seems only affect the DA kit lens that I have. dont have other lens to try liao.....

maybe other bro with Kx with DA* or other prime lens can share if the correction feature affect them as well.

Last edited:
Because those features (lens correction and etc...) only work w/ DA lenses. If you mount a non-DA lens, those features won't take effect at all even you enable them :)

You can press the 'MENU' button and check if those menu items are disabled when you have a non-DA lens mounted ...

The corrections are only done if shooting in JPEG right? Do the RAW files include enough lens information for the included Silkypix or Photoshop Lightroom to apply the lens correction too? I've been thinking of buying PTLens to correct the very noticable barrel distortion on my 18-250mm

The corrections are only done if shooting in JPEG right? Do the RAW files include enough lens information for the included Silkypix or Photoshop Lightroom to apply the lens correction too? I've been thinking of buying PTLens to correct the very noticable barrel distortion on my 18-250mm

When using DA lens and shooting in RAW mode. I notice it is slowness as well. As for will it affects Photoshop etc etc....

Sorry I had not step my leg into photo editing yet...the world of Dslr is still very new to me.

My mind is already occupied full thinking of what lens and flash should I buy....

Because those features (lens correction and etc...) only work w/ DA lenses. If you mount a non-DA lens, those features won't take effect at all even you enable them :)

You can press the 'MENU' button and check if those menu items are disabled when you have a non-DA lens mounted ...

I was still wondering why non DA lens is not affected..it because there is no distortion at all using non DA lens as they are better lens........

Word of wisdom from the grandmaster himself had clear my doubt....

Ya I also noticed the slowness in picture review if you enable Len correction, Distortion correction. But I still enable it as I don't like to do PP so any help that the camera can give is appreciated, at most just wait 2-3 sec lor.:)

I think this feature is fast becoming common and may very well comes with all future entry-level cameras as it makes taking pictures for newbies easier as they dun have to worry about all the technical stuffs like distortion, lens correction, chromatic aberration etc. I know this in-camera lens correction/processing is present in the Panasonic GF1 too but the process is much faster as I don't notice any delay in the review of the picture after a shot at all.

I tried the FA35mm F2.0 on my K-X and review is instant as this correction feature doesnt work on FA lenses.

no correction means that lens is not supported, it is the case for some 3rd party and FA or A and older lenses. those lenses don't have the chip that store the information required for the camera body to communicate with the lens for distortion corrections..

no correction means that lens is not supported, it is the case for some 3rd party and FA or A and older lenses. those lenses don't have the chip that store the information required for the camera body to communicate with the lens for distortion corrections..

Give the Tamron 17-50/2.8 a try, you'd be surprised ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.