KX lens

Andymion

Dec 4, 2006
Hi guys,

May i know what are the 3rd party lens compartible with the kx?
May i know if i get the single lens kit now, how much would it cost me to buy the 55-200mm lens later? Should i get the dual kit instead?

Thanks in advance!

Well 3rd party lens ther are many ..why dun u google it?..but the common one which mention in here is Sigma and Tamron.As long as is K mount should be fine. As for yr question No 2 buy the dual kit if u can,Definately will be cheaper compare to buy the lens indivually.

I'm interested in learning photography. Would you recommend getting the single lens kit first to familiarise before i get more lens?

I'm interested in learning photography. Would you recommend getting the single lens kit first to familiarise before i get more lens?

Its really up to indiviual preference...But frankly speaking if u want, as least get the single lens kit first.Dun worry about other lenses first. i can assure you within a few months even weeks u will buy more lenses just like most of the members here.Do join our monthly outing u can alway try the other lens from us to try out....;)

Suggest u lock ur bank account first before u try the lens. The effect of its is irreversible. Gud Luck. XD

Suggest u lock ur bank account first before u try the lens. The effect of its is irreversible. Gud Luck. XD

Haha.. Yeah. Whenever I enter CN feels like ganna poison XP.
Anyway, I'm thinking of getting dual lens kit. Are the kit lens considered gd?
I'm also thinking whether I shld go for the longer 300mm instead of 200mm.
Cos it's cheaper to get it as a bundle right?
But I'm just thinking if it's more worthwhile to buy a better lens next time.

Im going to buy the dual lens kit with 200mm too!
300mm is good , slightly better image quality but its almost twice as heavy as 200mm. :)

I got the 50-200 kit, definitely best value. but after you discover what you like to shoot you like me I don't really use zooms that much my 50-200 has been sitting inside my tupperware for a long time.

So if you have any idea of what you intend to shoot then choose the kit that fits you best. If no, Buy the 55-300 covers all the way. hahaha!

Please don't be like me, i really regertted not to buy the dual kit, especilly the 70-300mm. I'll let you know that photography is like poison, a deadly one.

Once you had it you can't escape death itself. Which means you are bound with it till you die Muah haha haha:devil:

Ok lah but to serious matter, buy the dual kit, and believe me you will need it.:lovegrin:

I said this to my friend once "Photography is a poverty inducing death-trap" :D

I said this to my friend once "Photography is a poverty inducing death-trap" :D

Haha... Indeed!
Btw, how much does a 55-300 lens cost? How much does the individual lens (55-200, 55-300) cost on its own?

Thanks bro!
How much does a filter cost and what's the requirement for one?

For kit lens no need to invest too much on a filter. A decent UV filter from Hoya or Kenko will do..Think less than S$20.00 ,Just for proctection.But make sure u get the correct size.;)

I'm a newbie and just got my Kx about 2 months ago, Kx dual lens kit is value for money, where else can you get a body and two sets of lens that allow you to cover from 18 to 200mm for less than $1K and to cover up to 300 mm for an additional of another $100 or so. Good configuration for a beginner.

However, I find it a bit cumbersome when you travel and need to carry the two lens when you can have an all in one like a 18-200mm or 18-250mm where you don't have to switch
lens at all between wide and very long tele as not to miss the shots. Getting that now would make my dual kit redundant for the distance since both the kit lenses would have that covered.

i'm oso a newbie in dslr.....i gotten my k-x 2months ago....with the dual kit. i opted for the 55-200mm. no regrets as i dun forsee myself doing too much zoom shots. 200mm is enuff for me. the dual kit is really value for yr money too.....

the camera together with the 2 lenses will keep you busy n hooked for quite a while.....cos most of the time you r trying to figure out the more appropriate settings with the lenses and camera....

so dun think u need to worry abt other lenses for a while ;)

I disagree with not needing other lenses for awhile... I bought a prime within a month :sweat:

as long as the lens comes in k -mount, you can use it on the k-x.

Well gettin a 18-200/250 is a convienience lens and IQ may be worse but it also depends on how "good" you think it performs . When i first bought my 18-200 i was happy as it took good photos , but now when my grandfather gave me his Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f1.4 ,using an adaptor ... you can see the IQ is alot better :sweat: now need to send it for servicing as got fungus ...:sweat: However IQ really can only tell the difference when you zoom in like 100%/200% crop then you can see the diff if not maybe colours are not reproduced as nice ,distortion and corner sharpness are the main downfall of convienent lenses, including the small aperture when zoomed in...:rolleyes: