Kudos to Maxonline!


Status
Not open for further replies.

user12343

Senior Member
May 15, 2005
1,032
2
38
#1
As promised, StarHub has upped the basic 2Mbps to 4Mbps as of 1st July 2006. really can see the increased in downloads, ~480kB/s in download speed :thumbsup:

but need to cycle the BB modem for the new settings to take effect. :)
 

xtemujin

Senior Member
Apr 1, 2005
2,778
1
0
Singapura, Singapore
#4
Most of us would rather that the MOL 2000 be reduced to $29 instead of bumping the speed to MOL 4000 while paying the same price of $58.

It is going the opposite direction of the Singapore Government call to make broadband affordable for the masses.
 

user12343

Senior Member
May 15, 2005
1,032
2
38
#5
i tink they would not give any monetary discount for such cases. clearly, the 50+ bucks subscription is there to stay. the ISPs may have some common agreement not to slash prices, so the next best thing they cld do is to increase the BW???

anyway, few days back, i also received a letter from them saying that my email account will be upsized at an additional subscription fee.

as i dun really use that account to keep all my mails (Gmail rocks with 2.7GB of storage!!!), they are "forcing" me to pay extra for that upgrade in mailbox, somemore its 20MB nia. dunno if got case to dispute or not, ie, can i decline the upgrade and remain status quo???
 

Zaknafein

New Member
Oct 29, 2005
1,526
0
0
my room
www.flickr.com
#6
user12343 said:
As promised, StarHub has upped the basic 2Mbps to 4Mbps as of 1st July 2006. really can see the increased in downloads, ~480kB/s in download speed :thumbsup:

but need to cycle the BB modem for the new settings to take effect. :)
what do u mean by cycle the BB modem?
does this change applies to all maxonline BB plans?
 

Drudkh

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2004
6,129
0
0
lulu island
#7
Zaknafein said:
what do u mean by cycle the BB modem?
does this change applies to all maxonline BB plans?
he meant switch off your modem, and switch on again. the modem will grab the settings from starhub, then you'll be surfing at 4Mbps speed.
 

seankyh

New Member
Nov 30, 2004
802
0
0
43
Singapore
www.pbase.com
#9
user12343 said:
i tink they would not give any monetary discount for such cases. clearly, the 50+ bucks subscription is there to stay. the ISPs may have some common agreement not to slash prices, so the next best thing they cld do is to increase the BW???

anyway, few days back, i also received a letter from them saying that my email account will be upsized at an additional subscription fee.

as i dun really use that account to keep all my mails (Gmail rocks with 2.7GB of storage!!!), they are "forcing" me to pay extra for that upgrade in mailbox, somemore its 20MB nia. dunno if got case to dispute or not, ie, can i decline the upgrade and remain status quo???
Cancelled my email account leow. Not worth it. Plagued by a lot of spam and virus mails. :thumbsd:
 

Murcielago

New Member
Mar 14, 2005
576
0
0
#10
BT same speed leh...
let's test the speed 2 weeks later
 

icarus

Senior Member
Jan 27, 2002
3,874
0
0
East
#12
Good. the extra bandwidth will come in handy when i watch free online world cup match.
:thumbsup:
 

luddock

New Member
Mar 23, 2006
64
0
0
#13
Do any of you who might use both the Mac and Wintel platforms at home know if surfings speeds differ even when using the same connection. I use an imac at home and it seems a little laggier than my dell notebook. Wondering if anyone has the same experience. I'm also on maxonline.
 

user12343

Senior Member
May 15, 2005
1,032
2
38
#14
seankyh said:
Cancelled my email account leow. Not worth it. Plagued by a lot of spam and virus mails. :thumbsd:
ya man, if u want spam-free messages in ur inbox, still have to pay a monthly subscription fee. WTF?

if gmail can provide good (but not perfect) spam-blocking services for FREE, i dun understand why SH have to charge extra for 100% (possible???) spam-free emails? :dunno:
 

Pro Image

Senior Member
Oct 31, 2003
2,822
0
0
47
Last planet from the sun
#15
luddock said:
Do any of you who might use both the Mac and Wintel platforms at home know if surfings speeds differ even when using the same connection. I use an imac at home and it seems a little laggier than my dell notebook. Wondering if anyone has the same experience. I'm also on maxonline.
Really depends on the configuration of both of your laptops. Remember this, DELL and Mac are to different brands. Although Mac have full support on Win platform but that does not mean it will surf the same speed as a PC based Win platform. Experts, correct me if I am wrong.

I am just guessing component too play a vital role as well. I have a DELL Desktop at home (2.4Ghz 850E) which is running on wireless connection and a iBook G4 also on wireless. So far from what I can see, both are runnning on the same speed when I put them side by side for internet usage. I am using Firefox for Dell and Safari for Mac.

I have yet to try the new Mac based platform, so I can't really answer you this question but I m pretty sure there are tonnes of members should have this setup. Anyone out there have any idea? Please contribute.
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#16
Just called up Starhub, asking about the xbox 360 bundle. Was told I can only think of making changes after end of this year. Currently serving a silly 2 years contract. :sweat:

Xbox fly away... :cry:
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#17
togu said:
Just called up Starhub, asking about the xbox 360 bundle. Was told I can only think of making changes after end of this year. Currently serving a silly 2 years contract. :sweat:

Xbox fly away... :cry:
What bundle? :dunno:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#19
Pro Image said:
Really depends on the configuration of both of your laptops. Remember this, DELL and Mac are to different brands. Although Mac have full support on Win platform but that does not mean it will surf the same speed as a PC based Win platform. Experts, correct me if I am wrong.

I am just guessing component too play a vital role as well. I have a DELL Desktop at home (2.4Ghz 850E) which is running on wireless connection and a iBook G4 also on wireless. So far from what I can see, both are runnning on the same speed when I put them side by side for internet usage. I am using Firefox for Dell and Safari for Mac.

I have yet to try the new Mac based platform, so I can't really answer you this question but I m pretty sure there are tonnes of members should have this setup. Anyone out there have any idea? Please contribute.
Configuration is too vague a word to be of any help. :bsmilie:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom