"Kudo" to KT Color Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric69

Dec 22, 2003
Global Village
I went to KT Color Centre recently to print 100 digital photos of my recent Europe vacation photos. I informed the attentent that I needed to do colour/brightness/contract/sharpness corrections. However I missed out informing her that I also need to fix the photos in size (as most were not exactly cnopped to 3:2 format). When I went to collect my photos, almost all the photos were unacceptable to me, as the white borders/texts were partially trimed off. The attentant then told me that she thought my photos were supposed to fit exactly into 3:2 format. And to my surprise, she agreed to re-print all my 100 photos at no addition charges! And the re-prints were done within 15 mins, and no compromising on the quality either. To top it off, she served me constantly with a smile.

At 30 cents (I understood it's only for Clupsnap members) per 4R photo, and such amazing quality printout, I think KT Color Centre has a winner in his products. I went home feeling very happy. They definitely make my day.

Thanks and Cheers.

The address for those who are not aware:-
Kim Tian Color Centre
Blk 531, Upper Cross St #01-06, Hong Lim Complex, S(050531)
Tel: 6-538-1422

Me too ! I do my prints there ever since I knew about them. But still... IMHO, although they are nice, we should do them and ourselves a favour by giving clear instructions in future. This will save all our/ their time and effort ;p

Hi hi, thanks for sharing the tip. I'm thinking of going there to develop pictures of my Europe vacation too but just wondering how do they verify that you are a Clubsnap member. Will they ask for a Clubsnap t-shirt ( I don't own one) or whether you can quote any moderator or any stickies? :confused:

ehhe so now u know to put it to 3:2 format for 4R printing from now on to return the favour! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Are you talking about "she" is michelle?..she really good in color correction :thumbsup: ..prints some of my photos there and in really satisfied with the results, and to kevin also keep it up guyz.

eric69 said:
I went to KT Color Centre recently to print 100 digital photos of my recent Europe vacation photos. I informed the attentent that I needed to do colour/brightness/contract/sharpness corrections. However I missed out informing her that I also need to fix the photos in size (as most were not exactly cnopped to 3:2 format). When I went to collect my photos, almost all the photos were unacceptable to me, as the white borders/texts were partially trimed off. The attentant then told me that she thought my photos were supposed to fit exactly into 3:2 format. And to my surprise, she agreed to re-print all my 100 photos at no addition charges! And the re-prints were done within 15 mins, and no compromising on the quality either. To top it off, she served me constantly with a smile.

At 30 cents (I understood it's only for Clupsnap members) per 4R photo, and such amazing quality printout, I think KT Color Centre has a winner in his products. I went home feeling very happy. They definitely make my day.

Thanks and Cheers.

Kim Tian Color Centre

heard alot abt the superb service at KT... i went there yesterday, the lady who served me (michelle? :think: ) is very friendly! going to collect my photos either tml or sat... looking fwd to them :D

i think eric69 was refering to michelle.
there is another one, with long hair, but i dont know her name. Anybody know?

scud said:
i think eric69 was refering to michelle.
there is another one, with long hair, but i dont know her name. Anybody know?
i'm sure she'll tell u the next time u go there and ask politely. :)

jOhO said:
i'm sure she'll tell u the next time u go there and ask politely. :)

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Nope, you don't need a clubsnap T-shirt for identification. Just give them your nickname in Clubsnap (i.e. eric69) for recording purposes only. Unfortunately as I was too happy to reveice my prints, I actually forgotten their names. But anyway, I'll be going back to them for more printing.

Oh, I think they offer me a tip. One of the gal told me that if I want them to do color correction, then I should not put a white border on my digital photo. This is because when the computer apply a color correction ie red filter, the white border will not remain white i.e red tint. So in this case, for color correction, I should not include a white border in my photo. Rather I should request them to print white borders on my photos during the printing process.

Glad to know that there are so many good press on KT Color Centre. :)

Good service.... Cheap Price..... Frenly Staff....what can u ask for? :bigeyes:

Thanks eric69! I'm also just curious, is there any special reason for printing white borders? I've always wondered why. Sorry if the question sounds silly, a noob :embrass:

just got home from collecting some prints from them (1st time there). :thumbsup: will definitely go again. after letting them do color correction, the colors are still what i want.

some of those photos from my batch of 130 had a strong yellow cast. the yellow cast happened to indoor photos taken without flash. i wonder why excessive correction was necessary when the photos were correctly exposed in the first place? :(

my gf asked me to print somewhere else in the future, but i trust the judgement of so many clubsnap members, and thus will give it one more try. :cool:

Lol, the same thing happened to me before. Upz for KT! :D

eric69 said:

Thanks and Cheers.

Kim Tian Color Centre

frcfyp said:
some of those photos from my batch of 130 had a strong yellow cast. the yellow cast happened to indoor photos taken without flash. i wonder why excessive correction was necessary when the photos were correctly exposed in the first place? :(

my gf asked me to print somewhere else in the future, but i trust the judgement of so many clubsnap members, and thus will give it one more try. :cool:

actually on photoshopCS, go to Image -> adjustments -> photo filter choose the blue 80 or 82 to correct the warm yellow lights

Nightstar said:
Thanks eric69! I'm also just curious, is there any special reason for printing white borders? I've always wondered why. Sorry if the question sounds silly, a noob :embrass:
Haha.. I don't think it sound silly, in fact, I asked myself the same question too! I don't know about the majority of clubsnappers, but I started out with borderless. Then I proceed to white border, becos borderless seem ugly. Lately I have been thinking of changing back to borderless. It just taste, maybe. Hehe..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.