"Kudo" to KT Color Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric69

Dec 22, 2003
Global Village
I went to KT Color Centre recently to print 100 digital photos of my recent Europe vacation photos. I informed the attentent that I needed to do colour/brightness/contract/sharpness corrections. However I missed out informing her that I also need to fix the photos in size (as most were not exactly cnopped to 3:2 format). When I went to collect my photos, almost all the photos were unacceptable to me, as the white borders/texts were partially trimed off. The attentant then told me that she thought my photos were supposed to fit exactly into 3:2 format. And to my surprise, she agreed to re-print all my 100 photos at no addition charges! And the re-prints were done within 15 mins, and no compromising on the quality either. To top it off, she served me constantly with a smile.

At 30 cents (I understood it's only for Clupsnap members) per 4R photo, and such amazing quality printout, I think KT Color Centre has a winner in his products. I went home feeling very happy. They definitely make my day.

Thanks and Cheers.

The address for those who are not aware:-
Kim Tian Color Centre
Blk 531, Upper Cross St #01-06, Hong Lim Complex, S(050531)
Tel: 6-538-1422

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
Me too ! I do my prints there ever since I knew about them. But still... IMHO, although they are nice, we should do them and ourselves a favour by giving clear instructions in future. This will save all our/ their time and effort ;p

Nightstar

Jun 15, 2003
Singaporean in Shanghai
Visit site
Hi hi, thanks for sharing the tip. I'm thinking of going there to develop pictures of my Europe vacation too but just wondering how do they verify that you are a Clubsnap member. Will they ask for a Clubsnap t-shirt ( I don't own one) or whether you can quote any moderator or any stickies? :confused:

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
ehhe so now u know to put it to 3:2 format for 4R printing from now on to return the favour! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tolitz

Nov 19, 2003
Paya Lebar area
www.photonski.com
Are you talking about "she" is michelle?..she really good in color correction :thumbsup: ..prints some of my photos there and in really satisfied with the results, and to kevin also keep it up guyz.

eric69 said:
I went to KT Color Centre recently to print 100 digital photos of my recent Europe vacation photos. I informed the attentent that I needed to do colour/brightness/contract/sharpness corrections. However I missed out informing her that I also need to fix the photos in size (as most were not exactly cnopped to 3:2 format). When I went to collect my photos, almost all the photos were unacceptable to me, as the white borders/texts were partially trimed off. The attentant then told me that she thought my photos were supposed to fit exactly into 3:2 format. And to my surprise, she agreed to re-print all my 100 photos at no addition charges! And the re-prints were done within 15 mins, and no compromising on the quality either. To top it off, she served me constantly with a smile.

At 30 cents (I understood it's only for Clupsnap members) per 4R photo, and such amazing quality printout, I think KT Color Centre has a winner in his products. I went home feeling very happy. They definitely make my day.

Thanks and Cheers.

Kim Tian Color Centre

thinkhardhard

Aug 5, 2004
singapore
heard alot abt the superb service at KT... i went there yesterday, the lady who served me (michelle? :think: ) is very friendly! going to collect my photos either tml or sat... looking fwd to them :D

scud

Jul 28, 2003
Singapore
www.fotolightbox.com
i think eric69 was refering to michelle.
there is another one, with long hair, but i dont know her name. Anybody know?

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
scud said:
i think eric69 was refering to michelle.
there is another one, with long hair, but i dont know her name. Anybody know?
i'm sure she'll tell u the next time u go there and ask politely. :)

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
jOhO said:
i'm sure she'll tell u the next time u go there and ask politely. :)
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

eric69

Dec 22, 2003
Global Village
Nope, you don't need a clubsnap T-shirt for identification. Just give them your nickname in Clubsnap (i.e. eric69) for recording purposes only. Unfortunately as I was too happy to reveice my prints, I actually forgotten their names. But anyway, I'll be going back to them for more printing.

Oh, I think they offer me a tip. One of the gal told me that if I want them to do color correction, then I should not put a white border on my digital photo. This is because when the computer apply a color correction ie red filter, the white border will not remain white i.e red tint. So in this case, for color correction, I should not include a white border in my photo. Rather I should request them to print white borders on my photos during the printing process.

Glad to know that there are so many good press on KT Color Centre. :)

kerpalz

Dec 18, 2003
TheDaysMovie.com
Good service.... Cheap Price..... Frenly Staff....what can u ask for? :bigeyes:

Nightstar

Jun 15, 2003
Singaporean in Shanghai
Visit site
Thanks eric69! I'm also just curious, is there any special reason for printing white borders? I've always wondered why. Sorry if the question sounds silly, a noob :embrass:

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
just got home from collecting some prints from them (1st time there). :thumbsup: will definitely go again. after letting them do color correction, the colors are still what i want.

frcfyp

Feb 12, 2004
some of those photos from my batch of 130 had a strong yellow cast. the yellow cast happened to indoor photos taken without flash. i wonder why excessive correction was necessary when the photos were correctly exposed in the first place? :(

my gf asked me to print somewhere else in the future, but i trust the judgement of so many clubsnap members, and thus will give it one more try. :cool:

Splutter

Dec 28, 2003
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
Lol, the same thing happened to me before. Upz for KT! :D

eric69 said:

Thanks and Cheers.

Kim Tian Color Centre

Belle&Sebastain

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
frcfyp said:
some of those photos from my batch of 130 had a strong yellow cast. the yellow cast happened to indoor photos taken without flash. i wonder why excessive correction was necessary when the photos were correctly exposed in the first place? :(

my gf asked me to print somewhere else in the future, but i trust the judgement of so many clubsnap members, and thus will give it one more try. :cool:

actually on photoshopCS, go to Image -> adjustments -> photo filter choose the blue 80 or 82 to correct the warm yellow lights

eric69

Dec 22, 2003
Global Village
Nightstar said:
Thanks eric69! I'm also just curious, is there any special reason for printing white borders? I've always wondered why. Sorry if the question sounds silly, a noob :embrass:
Haha.. I don't think it sound silly, in fact, I asked myself the same question too! I don't know about the majority of clubsnappers, but I started out with borderless. Then I proceed to white border, becos borderless seem ugly. Lately I have been thinking of changing back to borderless. It just taste, maybe. Hehe..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.