kuala selangor at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pplneedthelord

Sep 18, 2007
serangoon
during the term break in june my family went KL. my sis drove to kuala selangor the 2nd day there and while having dinner at an open air seafood restaurant i shot this.

2583526614_15e12db4b3.jpg

i wanna know how you guys feel bout this pic. is picture composition done properly? could there be other methods of shooting this shot?

i didn't have a tripod with me so i was shooting at iso400... noise could be seen.

The picture works for me. The silhoutte is of the stilts and house is nice. But i think can do with a bit less of the water at the bottom especially the dark part of it, then I think the impact of the beautiful sky will be better.

I also like the colors in the picture.

So all in all i give it an 8 out of 10. :thumbsup:

To me it seems that the horizon is slanted... The colours looks good. However maybe can over expose a wee wee bit, to see slightly more details of the stilts.

The picture works for me. The silhoutte is of the stilts and house is nice. But i think can do with a bit less of the water at the bottom especially the dark part of it, then I think the impact of the beautiful sky will be better.

I also like the colors in the picture.

So all in all i give it an 8 out of 10. :thumbsup:

thank you moby. will take notice when i do such shotsin future:)

To me it seems that the horizon is slanted... The colours looks good. However maybe can over expose a wee wee bit, to see slightly more details of the stilts.

i was thinking the sunset-part will look over exposed if i brighten the pic to see the stilts.

HDR could be nice for this :)

I personally like it very much especially the darken sky that's also reflected in the water, thus main subject is the stilts and house.

But me just a newbie so dunno much about composition

hey. nehh its fine:)

hmm alright.. will look into it. thanks anyway!

ok dude. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. can read more here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging
there are many softwares specially for creating HDR pictures in the market. :)
check out http://luxal.dachary.org/webhdr/software.shtml for some free HDR softwares (i guess it's free) :D

anw, i did HDR on your pic using Photomatix. let me know if you wan it removed.
2583526614_15e12db4b3_3_33_tonemapp.jpg

i guess i worsen it?

This isn't HDR. You can't do HDR with one JPG image. I could achieve the same effect in Photoshop with a very extreme curve adjustment and saturation boost.

This isn't HDR. You can't do HDR with one JPG image. I could achieve the same effect in Photoshop with a very extreme curve adjustment and saturation boost.

thats true

i did adjust the exposure before combining 3 pictures of different exposures together.

i did adjust the exposure before combining 3 pictures of different exposures together.

You adjusted exposure from a RAW file or from the JPG? You cannot effectively adjust exposure from a JPG and merge them in Photomatix to form a HDR.

Look at the result yourself. Where is the high dynamic range?

seems to me that the horizon is right in the middle of the picture. my eyes find it hard to decide whether to look at the water or the sky. maybe a crop will make this nice picture ever better

seems to me that the horizon is right in the middle of the picture. my eyes find it hard to decide whether to look at the water or the sky. maybe a crop will make this nice picture ever better

Mm I would think so too. Cropping in abit on the right and bottom, so as to keep the aspect ratio, will take away abit of the negative space, as well as bring the horizon nearer to the bottom of the frame, establishing a clearer difference between ground (water in this case) and sky.

the original one look just as nice already, just crop it...

or post up a link to a larger pic... then the rest of the member can help u around with it....

:)

I find the exposure and horizon is alright. I think HDR is not necessary for this shot, as its the sky and silhouette that is important, not about bring details into the silhouette.:)

HDR needs more than 1 shot, even if its in RAW, unless your cam's sensor can capture 16bit and above in a single shot. Single JPG is out of the question, a total:nono:.

BTW, single RAW kind of HDR is just tonemapping the 12-14bit of data you have on a single RAW, the range is not High yet.:)

TS
I like your shot, the 'improved' shot is too manipulated
Good effort :thumbsup:
Keep it up.

Maybe if you do not mind, can you provide some info on this place you went to. I might drop by when I visit my relatives in M'sia.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.