KTM Train

sonyboy

Jun 27, 2009
Singapore
Hi,

I was thinking of taking the KTM train from singapore to johore.

Just totally for fun of it.

How do i book it and so?

Their website is like..junk..cannot even book any ****.

PLEASE HELP OUT! THANK YOU!!

*stop commenting like take bus better and so so *

i always bought it from the counter directly.

I doubt the trains are popular enough that you would find it full and no spots left. If the trains regularly filled, they wouldn't be so keen on the idea of cutting them back to Woodlands and ultimately Johore.

Also for such a short trip they probably sell you a ticket still even if there were no seats left and you had to stand the whole way.

I did the trip with my wife a few years ago, we just turned up at the Tanjong Pagar station and asked for a ticket on the next train.

We returned to Singapore by walking back over the causeway. That was an experience in it self!.

41153_429429289260_761499260_5155911_1920088_n.jpg

Here. 8.45am, A-$3 C-$2. Rtn-8/9pm, A-RM5

No jam, no long queue @ customs, air-con and bring u to City-Sq in 45min. Just be there 1/2 hr earlier to buy the tickets and bring ur passport. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

disclaimer-pix taken 2 mth back.

Thanks all for helping out!

I guess i will take the 3.++ pm ride back from johor.

The 8am trip too early but cheap.

It's only like a few RM dollars from there right?

Any one have better eyes to help me see the picture?

the first stop is city square mall then second stop is danga mall?

I doubt the trains are popular enough that you would find it full and no spots left. If the trains regularly filled, they wouldn't be so keen on the idea of cutting them back to Woodlands and ultimately Johore.

Also for such a short trip they probably sell you a ticket still even if there were no seats left and you had to stand the whole way.

I did the trip with my wife a few years ago, we just turned up at the Tanjong Pagar station and asked for a ticket on the next train.

We returned to Singapore by walking back over the causeway. That was an experience in it self!.

KTM has never made money for like a gazillion years. The land issue is more political than anything.

Don't think you can walk across the causeway anymore.

It is packed on Sundays though, with many Johoreans crossing for work in SG after spending the weekends in Johor.

can anyone help me clear my doubts?

If take train back from johor to singapore how long?

Where to buy tickets from johor? new CIQ/train terminal there?

eh, just do it. a long time ago when suddenly one day, I decided to go for a train ride Sing to Jb, simply went to Tjg Pagar rail stn, buy the ticket at the counter, pop on the train, go JB, alight (hop off) somewhere near to Holiday Plaza shopping (dunno if they still allow this now)

how come you agonise over something so simple, easy and riskfree.

It's only like a few RM dollars from there right?

Any one have better eyes to help me see the picture?

Yes, 3.30pm RM5.

the first stop is city square mall then second stop is danga mall?

The pix I posted is only from SIN-JB(citysq) Guess ur danga mall there should be another pricing.

If u gg to travel to JB by train, where u alight is where u board the train. For me, its not that new terminal, the place we alight and board is an old single storey train station.

Ask ard if u r unsure in JB, sure got ppl to help u. :thumbsup:

Any idea when it is going to be ultimately shut down? Looking at the cheap prices and jam-less situation, might just hop on one for a JB trip if decided not to drive.

eh, just do it. a long time ago when suddenly one day, I decided to go for a train ride Sing to Jb, simply went to Tjg Pagar rail stn, buy the ticket at the counter, pop on the train, go JB, alight (hop off) somewhere near to Holiday Plaza shopping (dunno if they still allow this now)

how come you agonise over something so simple, easy and riskfree.

Definitely not the case now. Last time round there's a mini platform right behind/near the current Mutiara hotel, and there's one more beside Danga City Mall. Now everyone must alight at the new CIQ complex :sweatsm: