KTM Railroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

raconteur

Mar 5, 2009
Hi! I'm new to photography, been messing around with my brother's 400D only this year. I would like to hear honest criticisms on my work. This photo was taken at KTM Railway Station as part of my CCA's photoshoot.

I would like to know what you guys think of the post processing. what do you think of the colour? Also, is the photo not focused? (it's a little fuzzy to me)

9216_192205937344_707872344_3749838_4330833_n.jpg

C&C please :D

An honest crit will be...

This photo, as a record of outing happening is basically not bad ( quite good ).
It will be more interesting or ( appealing ) if the balancing act is done by a xmm instead, however, this is subjective.
The good point is, you'd managed to capture the moment just before your friend get off balanced, and all his hands and legs position are a nice indication.
Of course it is obvious that this is a posed picture.
Bad point is...me don't quite like the footwear. And there is a little merging of the subject with the backgrd.
Overall picture appears to be soft, and for the colours, it appears to me is on the warm side.

Last edited:
Is it dangerous to go there? How to know if train is coming?

saw a WWII movie, when the guerrillas ( now they change it to terrorist ) wanted to bomb the enemy's rail, they bend down and rest their eyes on the rail track listen for the vibration .

saw a WWII movie, when the guerrillas ( now they change it to terrorist ) wanted to bomb the enemy's rail, they bend down and rest their eyes on the rail track listen for the vibration .

Eyes can listen for vibration? :bsmilie:

Why don't they use their ears? :think:

yea cabbySHE is right. I had a friend who put his ear permanently on the rail to check for vibrations while i did the shoot. Alternatively, you could always ask the station master for permission to shoot at the railway first and he will gladly tell you what time is the next train coming :)

any place can be dangerous. you just have to take precautions.

yes one can hear vibrations when you put your ears to the tracks, as the tracks are made of solid iron. However you do know that any poo/pee from train passengers directly drops to the tracks right? Not sure if you still enjoy pressing your ears to the tracks :p

you can hear vibration?

Yes, but cabby use his eyes to hear. :bsmilie:

looks fun, where is this place located ?

veuxtres: this place is called the KTM Railroad. it's somewhere in Bukit Timah, just before the King Albert Park's MacDonalds. Just turn in the clearing closest to the railroad bridge and you'll get there.

and err, people. i would like to hear your C&C please! I was really kidding about getting my friend to listen for vibrations. What I did (and what you should do) is to ask the KTM station master for permission to shoot there and he told me the train timings so we can plan what time to siam the railroad. Even if you forget, he will yell/wave a red flag at you when the time is near.

i like the post process, maybe its ur resizing or sharpen.

Status
Not open for further replies.