Krav Maga in singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone here tried it?
any comments on it?

maybe, this art is still too new. not yet arrive on our shores. or it is already here but cant b detected as it v stealth. it is the art of invisibility.

what r the good points of this art? it must b practical as it came from a land with thousands of years of conflict.

Last edited:
maybe, this art is still too new. not yet arrive on our shores. or it is already here but cant b detected as it v stealth. it is the art of invisibility.

what r the good points of this art? it must b practical as it came from a land with thousands of years of conflict.

It didn't come from a land with a thousand of years of conflict la , just some guy who happened to be israeli decided to create something which was a fusion of several martial arts , judo , jujitsu,ninjutsu , boxing . It was for self defense against the nazis if i'm not wrong . Its a very effective form of street fighting , but ultimately only at close range.

it called 'anyhow h**t' in S'pore! :bsmilie:

I took a couple of krav maga lessons in Melbourne. am still interested in it, but guess I didn't have the dedication to pick it up.

in essence, it really is a no nonsense self defence, and sparring is normally almost full contact, just to let you have a feel of how the move will feel like, and to also let you know that it ain't no joking matter. was taught that when it comes to self defence, there's no such thing as gentlemanly conduct (aka no such thing as no punching in between the legs, or gouging the eyes), and that once the assailant is disabled, to run and not inflict more damage. quite realistic training as well, since most of the time it was done when you are in a compromised situation (ie, sitting down, back facing assailant, etc).

I heard that it is on offer in Singapore, but the cost per lesson or per month is a bit pricey. I'll try to find out for you from a friend of mine who told me about the cost in Singapore.

Last edited:
They are very very particular abt who they teach it to. They will refuse to teach muslims. A few select police officers are also taught krav maga as well.

They are very very particular abt who they teach it to. They will refuse to teach muslims. A few select police officers are also taught krav maga as well.

if they dont want to teach u , then look to the american R.A.T. (rapid assault tactis) or the russian systema or sambo. all these arts used by the military r basically having the same objective - subdue the enemy in the fastest way possible. their rule is simple : no rule, anything goes.

STOP spreading mis-information!!

>They are very very particular abt who they teach it to. They will refuse to teach muslims. A few select police officers are also taught krav maga as well.
RUBBISH!:angry: Yes, KM originates in Israel. All are welcomed to learn. SOF/STAR,etc elite local units are taught. Many muslims learning and there are even seniors who are muslims helping out in class.

It is just self-defense techniques pure & simple, drop all politics & stuff at the door. Drop this racial bullshit.

>maybe, this art is still too new. not yet arrive on our shores. or it is already here but cant b detected as it v stealth. it is the art of invisibility.
3 schools in Spore. The 3rd recently just started this year. Don't comment on what you dont know.

I've PM Grey Knight the info, but thought I better share here as well, before all the wrong rubbish info sticks.

Last edited:
There are 3 instructors in Spore, different schools.
Fightworksasia, Commando krav maga, and Gentlelifestudio.

Fightworksasia is at MacPherson.
Gentlelifestudio Km is taught by Master Stephen, gym is in Joo chiat.
CKM is in Revenue house.

Nonese! Please do not try to create hatred among mankind.

Learning any form of self-defense is for the harmony of all mankind in the world.

Any Africians, Australians, Americans, or any other countries can go to China to
learn the ultimate shadow boxing and internal power. They teach self defense to
anyone wherever they come from.

Krav Maga shouldn't be the exception.

STOP spreading mis-information!!

>They are very very particular abt who they teach it to. They will refuse to teach muslims. A few select police officers are also taught krav maga as well.
RUBBISH!:angry: Yes, KM originates in Israel. All are welcomed to learn. SOF/STAR,etc elite local units are taught. Many muslims learning and there are even seniors who are muslims helping out in class. Drop this racial bullshit.

>maybe, this art is still too new. not yet arrive on our shores. or it is already here but cant b detected as it v stealth. it is the art of invisibility.
3 schools in Spore. The 3rd recently just started this year.

I've PM Grey Knight the info, but thought I better share here as well, before all the wrong rubbish info sticks.

haha yeah man
really appreciate the pm.
thanks!.
a couple of links for all those also interested :

http://fightworksasia.blogspot.com/2007/06/combat-academy-krav-maga-classes.html
http://www.combatacademy.com.sg/initiatives.html
http://www.commandokrav-maga.com/

That fightworks link is an old one.
Combat academy is the old name of fightworksasia. So they're the same.
http://www.fightworksasia.com.sg

Commando krav maga in Spore is very new here, no real website as of now.
But they have a facebook group. Or email jc@jeancluna.com for more info.

I couldnt quite find Gentle life studio's info online.
Taught by Master Stephen. Used to be at Katong Mall now at joo chiat.
Some judo, karate practitioners here may be able to help.

Last edited:
If I had spread misinformation, then I am sorry. I was just speaking based on my past experience and a few others with the Israeli instructors. I'm glad that there are no more restrictions. It is still my belief that krav maga is more relevant in real life urban situations for self defence than other martial arts.

If I had spread misinformation, then I am sorry. I was just speaking based on my past experience and a few others with the Israeli instructors. I'm glad that there are no more restrictions. It is still my belief that krav maga is more relevant in real life urban situations for self defence than other martial arts.

no worries bro:)
Yes it was only taught to few units before they 'opened' up to civis. Maybe thats where u encountered Israeli Instructors. Sascha(FWA) was SOF, CKM I believe was/is contractors to our units as well.
And no harm for anyone to go view a session to see if it suits you. Maybe can organise a CS trial session...lol

Last edited:
might as well just ask here.
whats the difference between commando krav maga and the normal one?
and price wise, is it more ex? :sweat:

might as well just ask here.
whats the difference between commando krav maga and the normal one?
and price wise, is it more ex? :sweat:

I am under the impression that they don't teach the full spectrum of stuff in the normal, civilian krav maga. like weapon disarmament, weapon attacks with rifles and pistols, etc.

Bow, bow, bow,

Why are some forummers so belligerent in their replies? Such attitudes begets more fire. If you are a martial arts practioner, it should have taught you some tolerance. If your training has taught you to burst out with just the slighest provacation, then , IMHO, all your training has gone to waste.

Some of the replies maybe wrong or outdated or not updated. If this is the case, then it is your duty to update the public with the correct infomation. After all, forums are meant for an exchange of views and learn from one another.

Please practise more tolerance and patience.

Bow, bow, bow.

Well, I apologise if my reply seems harsh.Nothing personal. I believe ungku understands where I coming from.:)

Perhaps I shd have put:
RUBBISH!:bsmilie::bsmilie: Drop this racial bullshit.:)

I am under the impression that they don't teach the full spectrum of stuff in the normal, civilian krav maga. like weapon disarmament, weapon attacks with rifles and pistols, etc.

For civi KM, quite sure no weapon attacks but there's disarmament.
An example will be in military, you disarm and then take that same knife/gun to kill him.
In civilian KM, of course you don't do that.

But no idea if Commando KM is different.

Our current saf bayonet fighting is actually also a part of a weapon based krav maga fighting system. Perhaps that is part of what commando krav maga is?

Status
Not open for further replies.