Kranji War Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinkasa

Below is a photo of the cross at kranji war memorial. It was taken in the morning using B&W.

I had superimposed a Singapore flag.

This is part of a series of shot which I had taken in Kranji war memorial. Am doing a photo story project for fun using kranji war memorial.

Would like some C&C the image.

Photo taken using Sigma 10-20 Lens. F8.

Trying to link the place to Singapore.

714834-dc293ac6-1b11-4464-9564-0acdddb9854cl.jpg

Would like to know what you guys would have done or what do you suggest can be done.

Some of the other shots of the series. Appreciate C&C. Other Shots.

I like the concept~:thumbsup:

However, i feel, a crop of the bottom portion of the shot will be nicer. The object at the bottom are kinda distracting.

And if possible, before you superimposed, maybe remove the flag pole from the flag shot. Distracting as well.

Just my view. :)

The white part of the flag is overexposed, losing all details.
What you can do is, leave the flag with it's colours. It will be more striking and yeah, crop out the bottom part to remove the tree and the building on the left corner. The position of the cross can be better if it's at the 3rds and not in the middle.

agree with the white part abit over exposed. but i think adding a touch of red color to the sg flag be nice :p my 2 cents

Thanks for all th feedback. I will try out one some existing shots. Might just go down again to reshoot.

Keep the C&C coming. Like any suggestions or different perspectives on this shot.

i find the base of the cross dominates over the cross itself.

u tink it will be better if u crop a little off the base?

historically, the kranji war memorial is not a memorial for Singapore war dead. it is for all Commonwealth soldiers who died fighting in the 2 world wars. i am hence not sure if the Singapore flag is appropriate.

historically, the kranji war memorial is not a memorial for Singapore war dead. it is for all Commonwealth soldiers who died fighting in the 2 world wars. i am hence not sure if the Singapore flag is appropriate.

Rain man :

You are right. I have considered. This too. In fact, singapore not even a country then ...

What I am thinking is that the war had an impact in Singapore and though the contribution is indirect, it is still a contribution. In any case, I am open to ideas/concepts.

As you mentioned, the memorial is for all commonwealth soldiers.

You have any suggestions how you would depict the memorial? Have you been there? Concepts/suggestions not just limited to the cross.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356132

The above link is some of my other shots. Love to have more ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.