Krabi, Thailand wanna go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabbatical

Jun 17, 2004
Bishan
Looking for travel companions.
Anyone wanna go Krabi for some great scenic shoots?
I'm open for a group of up to 3, including myself.

The dates are Sun, 06 Aug till Wed, 09 Aug.

Cheapest budget tix I found (anyone can find cheaper fares? or earlier date?)
Tigerair flights to Krabi - S$186.21 (cost per person)
Flies on Sun, 06 Aug 06 - Flight TR 188 at 16:10
Returns Wed, 09 Aug 06 - Flight TR 189 at 20:15 (reach S'pore)

Staying at (the cheapest hotel i can find) that's nearest to the famous Ao Nang beach.

Krabi Seaview hotel - http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/krabi/krabi_seaview.html
Single room at S$23
Total: S$69 for total stay (that's $23 per pax for total stay)

Triple share room at S$66 per night
Total: S$198 for total stay (that's $66 per pax for total stay)
These are rooms with fans, not aircon :(

So in the total cost for 3 to Krabi would be S$252.21 (Flight & Lodging only)

Anyone?

Some images from Krabi found on Google
http://images.google.com.sg/images?...8-Surreal_Sunset_at_Phra_Nang_Beach-Krabi.jpg
http://images.google.com.sg/images?....se/~f94-hjo/pics/indien2002/colva-sunset.JPG

Can Upgrade to Aircon room? Anyway I going Chiang Mai on 15. Most Prob. :)

Andy Ang said:
Can Upgrade to Aircon room? Anyway I going Chiang Mai on 15. Most Prob. :)

Hi Andy,

Having an aircon room means booking a "Bungalow"
If not sharing it'll cost: S$111 (3 days ~ for one person)
If 2 pax sharing it's: S$219 (3 days ~ S$109.5 per person)
If 3 pax sharing it's: S$327 (3 days ~ S$109 per person)

That'll come down to about S$295.71 including air tix, if only 2 of us are going. (Flight & Lodging only)
I wonder if there are cheaper tour packages in the classifieds, you seen any?

The reason why I pick the non-aircon, fan room was because I was trying to look for the lowest budget and I'm thinking the weather might be cooler there this time of the year.
But aircon is good to have too :)

So you're decided on going to Chiang Mai on the 15th? Direct from Krabi?

Andy Ang said:
Nope, from Singapore.

Oh, so much flying to and fro :bsmilie:
Anyway, hope your schedule allows you to join me in Krabi.
I'll confirm with you again, yar?
Just a few more days to see if there's anyone else.

Ya, can consider if there are more ppl. My leave until that day anyway. ;-)

Enjoy the trip. Krabi's beautiful.
Do rent the tailboat for the entire day. Costs around 1800baht.. can take pictures of Chicken Island and such. ;)

But be warned. During this season, the storms come fast but leaves fast too.

Have fun!

hanabi_ii said:
Enjoy the trip. Krabi's beautiful.
Do rent the tailboat for the entire day. Costs around 1800baht.. can take pictures of Chicken Island and such. ;)

But be warned. During this season, the storms come fast but leaves fast too.

Have fun!

Yar I was a little worried at first, about the rain, but the weather after the rain is gonna be execellent. I can't wait to see the sunsets too. Been doing lots of research on the area, hungry for good cheap food too.

The storms are really heavy so do remember to protect your gear.

The sunsets.. depends on where you are too but generally it's jsut awesome. Took some shots with my kns Canon consumer cam while i was lying on the beach :embrass: but i THINK they look decent still. =X At the very least it's not a blurred image hahaha.

Food wise, head to Bernie's Place for buffet dinner at 190baht ^^. oiishi. Try the "pancakes" too... very nice esp the banana ones but they are more like tissue pratas haha. Last but not least, detox but gluping down fresh fruit shakes that are all over the place and the super nice pineapples. ;)

The 1 hr long thai massages are at 200 only~

God I miss Krabi. :(

I went there in end of 2001. there were a lot of cheap accommodations around the Krabi jetty. There was also a night market near the jetty. The food was really cheap. 3 of us spent less than B200 for a 4-5 dish dinner. Ate to our hearts content:) And you can take a ferry from Krabi to Phi Phi island. But all these were before the Tsunami, I don't know how it looks like now.

Enjoy your trip there. It will be fun. :)

I went there last August. Was staying at Ao Nang area, can still see some of the ruins and the destruction caused by the tsunami at the Nopphrat Thara each area. Phi Phi Island and the rest can't really see any damaged caused. But the beach was beautiful and the waters really really clear. If you're daring try rock climbing too can take really good pics up there of the whole Railay area. Yup but quite risky lar considering bringing your cam up some 20 m.

Ohhh... So tempted to go... :think: Can join if interested and have time for it? :embrass:

Weigang said:
Ohhh... So tempted to go... :think: Can join if interested and have time for it? :embrass:

:) So Weigang, is that a confirmation that you can go?
Looks like Andy is just as excited as I'm already :lovegrin:

Thanks everyone for the boost in the Krabi excitement :)

Hmm... I have an idea.

Want to get a Model along for TFCD? Don't waste the nice beach. ;)

sabbatical said:
Hi Andy,

So you're decided on going to Chiang Mai on the 15th? Direct from Krabi?

I finally understood your question. No, I mean 15th, this month. hahaha.

But that trip might be cancelled also. Can you bring forward your trip a little? Try to go on Thur and back on Tue. Cos those times are the cheapest. Also, Tiger have 1 for 1 in August. ;p

Andy Ang said:
I finally understood your question. No, I mean 15th, this month. hahaha.

But that trip might be cancelled also. Can you bring forward your trip a little? Try to go on Thur and back on Tue. Cos those times are the cheapest. Also, Tiger have 1 for 1 in August. ;p

Regarding the TFCD model idea, I dun think that'll happen unless we find a Thai girl in Krabi. :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

I could only suggest the curent dates, cause I can't fly off on Friday... or Thursday.
Dun think there is a Thursday flight on Tigerair.

And WOW, just saw the 2 for one fare thing, how does it work?
I tried the caluculator but there's no diff in the cost per person.
S$152.23 (one person's)
S$304.46 (two person's)

But they are cheaper, than when I first got the tix cost, during my earlier post.
Yes, looks like a good deal for our travel dates too. :)
We have till 16 July to get this tix fares... but probably have to do it before the 15th to be sure we get seats.

Ok we've to decide by lastest, this Friday 14 July.

Andy, if its just the 2 of us, you still on for it?
Weigang have not responded with confirmation in anyway yet.

THe 2 for 1 thing is already factored in when you request for the price. If you've noticed, the ticket price is actually half priced from the rate. Of course, Tax is still full.

sabbatical, I cannot confirm with you yet as I need to see my timetable for my studies... Sorry... :embrass: But I wish that I can make it la...

sabbatical said:
I could only suggest the curent dates, cause I can't fly off on Friday... or Thursday.
Dun think there is a Thursday flight on Tigerair.

Fly off Friday night can or not? Also, can one week earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.