Kr D-BH 109 AA battery adapter is here

poseur

Jul 27, 2009
HI Bro/Sis

Kr D-BH 109 AA battery adapter is finally here, I just pick it up one at SLR Revo. Emjay sales in another discussion thread also feedback it will be available at Sitex as well.

The build is mostly plastic but feel strong, not those cheap plastic. It have one metal plating at the bottom. It fits 4 AA battery and plug into Kr smoothly.

Just happy now i can start to use my eneloops. Its a pain to shoot with one battery previously.

How much you pay for it?

How much you pay for it?

$70 :bheart: but i want it badly.....cos i had done two shoot and battery ran dry midway....

Thanks. Think I also need one, since I'm going oversea soon.

nice!!
thanks for the update!! :D

$70 is bloody exorbitant! You might as well get another original lithium battery

Think original lithium battery cost $120

another good reason to buy a K-5 :bsmilie:

and kudos to Hoya for building it based on the K-7 chasis :thumbsup:

Personally I would wait for third party alternatives to appear at a fraction of the cost.
I definitely won't pay full price for this because how much does it really cost to mold some plastic and metal bits?
I have third party batteries in my K-5 (carry over from the K-7) and they cost a fraction of the original and work just as well.
I think I paid something like US$12 for them, shipping included. :bsmilie:

ya orginal battery and the aa adapter is a bit pricey.
but seriously when u are limited to only one battery, you get very very unhappy...
Call it timing is wrong, i going for my yearend tour trip. so will need to use it cant wait for 3rd party anymore.

Saw the D-BH1/9 selling for less than Jpy 4,000 in camera shop in Kyoto.
With cost of shipping & GST etc, the final price is almost on par if get in SG, if assume cost & margin are same from both sides.

Last edited:
Personally I would wait for third party alternatives to appear at a fraction of the cost.
I definitely won't pay full price for this because how much does it really cost to mold some plastic and metal bits?
I have third party batteries in my K-5 (carry over from the K-7) and they cost a fraction of the original and work just as well.
I think I paid something like US$12 for them, shipping included. :bsmilie:

i agree, $120 for a battery is overkill. i would not pay more than $50 for it.

i agree, $120 for a battery is overkill. i would not pay more than $50 for it.

simple law of economics...high demand low supply.....or no supply...."knife grinding sound".....

For those going to some winter wonderland for holidays, do take note that battery life takes a bit hit in cold weather. Also, don't use regular AA's - they will be drained extremely fast by the camera, good lithium batts will provide more shots per dollar spent.

For those going to some winter wonderland for holidays, do take note that battery life takes a bit hit in cold weather. Also, don't use regular AA's - they will be drained extremely fast by the camera, good lithium batts will provide more shots per dollar spent.

good to know this....thanks for sharing....

Its already sold out at SLR. =(
Anyone knows anywhere else selling this?
TIA.

so fast sold out... think its too expensive imo... a SD card that is much more difficult to manufacture and more useful cost a lot less... maybe wait for some 3 party ones to appear...

If you look at the adapter, you'd know a SD card is a lot easier to manufacture and cost a lot less to make too ;) But I agree it's a bit over priced, that's the way all camera manufacturers make profit by overpricing their accessories.

Waited 2 days and its gone. Sigh. :bheart:
Wonder if its limited stock or are there too many Pentax users. :bsmilie: