Kr D-BH 109 AA battery adapter is here

If you look at the adapter, you'd know a SD card is a lot easier to manufacture and cost a lot less to make too ;) But I agree it's a bit over priced, that's the way all camera manufacturers make profit by overpricing their accessories.

but to make 1 SD card, u need at least 50 process steps during wafer fabrication, wafer test, 24hr 150deg in oven retention bake, wafer test again, assembly, final test and QA check.

the adapter must be very complicated to make...:bsmilie:

probably the cost comes from engaging external vendor to make 1... the cost just adds on from there...

anyway im sure there will be 3 party alternative if the demand is there...

but to make 1 SD card, u need at least 50 process steps during wafer fabrication, wafer test, 24hr 150deg in oven retention bake, wafer test again, assembly, final test and QA check.

the adapter must be very complicated to make...:bsmilie:

probably the cost comes from engaging external vendor to make 1... the cost just adds on from there...

anyway im sure there will be 3 party alternative if the demand is there...

i hope the third party people start making that battery for the k-r soon.

if what was mentioned by another member was accurate, i won't fork out $120 for the original battery. would rather charge after every outing, zzz.

$50 still can, maybe even $70 for lithium ion battery... but $120? you must be joking... certainly a battery shouldn't make up 15% of the product price... (and it's more than 15%).

if what was mentioned by another member was accurate, i won't fork out $120 for the original battery. would rather charge after every outing, zzz.

$50 still can, maybe even $70 for lithium ion battery... but $120? you must be joking... certainly a battery shouldn't make up 15% of the product price... (and it's more than 15%).

i charge most of my batteries in office....save time and money... :bsmilie:

Maybe just wait if Divipower comes out for Kr battery. I think its a worthy investment. I used Divipower for K-5, the battery hold out very long for almost 3 days of bashing/testing and long exposures.

hopefully there'll be a 3rd party cheaper version of the aa adapter... sooo looking forward to that coming into the market

I think I saw a KR battery going for $50 at ebay, assumed its 3rd party.

Waited 2 days and its gone. Sigh. :bheart:
Wonder if its limited stock or are there too many Pentax users. :bsmilie:

Stock will be coming in about 14 Days time.

We have just placed an order with Japan.

Thank you.

:)

I think SLR Revolution still has stock, got mine from them yesterday.

I think you got the last piece.

i charge most of my batteries in office....save time and money... :bsmilie:

Wah liew eh .. I wouldn't say that (in the forum)! :bsmilie:

true mah... everybody does that... even using office printer... who doesn't :bsmilie:

bo bonus so i treat the usage of printer, pantry biscuits/coffee, charge hp as my bonus.. :(