'Koyok' (medicine) man at Sungei Road (c. 1988)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

Here's another old print. Taken on a Yashica Electro 35 Rangefinder somewhere in Sungei Road in around 1988. If I didn't remember wrongly, the thing has a non-removeable 50 or 55mm f/1.7 or something.

Shot on one of the Ilford films (can't remember FP4 or HP5, don't have the old notes with me). Printed on Ilford Multigrade paper, chemically sepia toned.

koyok1.jpg

Comments please.

Regards
CK

To Streetshooter:

going by these, i think we need to add more grain, and grossly oversharpen to bring out the grain :p

Originally posted by Red Dawn
To Streetshooter:

going by these, i think we need to add more grain, and grossly oversharpen to bring out the grain :p

Hey, this is REAL grain. But this scan is oversharpened. Just dug out the negative. This is Ilford FP4, ISO 125. On the other hand, shouldn't have this much grain. Can't remember what I did already. Negative is a little on the dense side. Could be slight overdevelopment.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Hey, this is REAL grain. But this scan is oversharpened. Just dug out the negative. This is Ilford FP4, ISO 125. On the other hand, shouldn't have this much grain. Can't remember what I did already. Negative is a little on the dense side. Could be slight overdevelopment.

Regards
CK

yes can tell it's oversharpened ;p

Thanks! That camera also cannot find already. :p

Regards
CK
Sorry to dig up old threads, but I was searching for rangefinders, and came across this :D

The Yashica has a 1.7 lens :thumbsup:

I've got the Yashica Electro GSN... but the finder has gone moudly... can see green green stuff when you look through. :cry:

CKiang, you know where I can get it serviced? And how much? Thanks... :)

Originally posted by andretan

Sorry to dig up old threads, but I was searching for rangefinders, and came across this :D

The Yashica has a 1.7 lens :thumbsup:

I've got the Yashica Electro GSN... but the finder has gone moudly... can see green green stuff when you look through. :cry:

CKiang, you know where I can get it serviced? And how much? Thanks... :)

Wow, I never expected this thread to surface. heh. I think you can try the shops like Camix or Camera Workshop.

Regards
CK

Wow, I never expected this thread to surface. heh. I think you can try the shops like Camix or Camera Workshop.

Regards
CK
Erm, nevermind liao.... :cry:
My dad just told me that it's spoilt already! :cry: :cry:

Then again, I'll use it to do a studio shoot instead. Old school style~ :D

Originally posted by Klause
Wah.. good pic! Nowadays hard to find them
They're still around outside the Guanyin Temple in Waterloo street. Haven't seen any ones as drama as this tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.