Kota Kinabalu - Photo shooting trip in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimDavis

Mar 15, 2004
Bedok
Hi all,

I am exploring a group photo shooting at Kota Kinabalu during end May time frame. Particularly, we should go up to Mt. Kinabalu, the highest mountain in South East Asia.

Venue: Kota Kinabalu (Sabah, East Malaysia)
Date: between 28th May 2005 to 31st May 2005
Budget: {Need to check with tour agency}
Minimum to go: 6 to 8 pax

Itinerary (day 2 and 3 extract from a web site, to be confirmed with the tour agent, but should not be too much of a difference):

Day 01 (27th May 2005)
=================
Depart Singapore to Johor Bahru, take Air Asia to Kota Kinabalu, check in hotel. R&R for the rest of the day(Maybe city photo shooting?)

Day 02 (28th May 2005)
=================
Early morning depart for Mount Kinabalu. Start trekking up the mountain trail with a mountain guide. Pass through different vegetation zones and look out for flora and fauna. Overnight at Laban Rata Resthouse (3,353 meters)

Day 03 (29th May 2005)
=================
Early morning, start the climb for the summit. If weather permits, enjoy the breathtaking view of Sabah at the top with the dawn breaking over the horizon. Descend to the Park headquarters and transfer back to Kota Kinabalu

Day 04 (30th May 2005)
=================
Join the harvest festival (city name, time of departure to be confirmed by the tour agency), if times permit, will fly off from Kota Kinabalu back to JB, and transfer back to Singapore, else, R&R for the rest of the day, and depart from K.K. back to Singapore via JB.

Please go to PLUG Notice Board for more details.

Climb mountain.... xiong or notz...?

What is the tentative budget...?

George, count me in.... just let me know the dates so i can get my leave approved hehehe.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hong Jia said:
Climb mountain.... xiong or notz...?

What is the tentative budget...?

Not sionz la. The Singapore Handicap Group has done it already! So can you. It's just trekking up to the top. Only got to stay overnight at base camp; wake up very early in the morning to trek.

Do you know Mt. Kinabalu is higher than Mt. Fuji?

Hi all,

I am exploring a group photo shooting at Kota Kinabalu during end May time frame. Particularly, we should go up to Mt. Kinabalu, the highest mountain in South East Asia.

Itinerary (day 2 and 3 extract from a web site, to be confirmed with the tour agent, but should not be too much of a difference):

Day 01 (27th May 2005)
=================
Depart Singapore to Johor Bahru, take Air Asia to Kota Kinabalu, check in hotel. R&R for the rest of the day(Maybe city photo shooting?)

Day 02 (28th May 2005)
=================
Early morning depart for Mount Kinabalu. Start trekking up the mountain trail with a mountain guide. Pass through different vegetation zones and look out for flora and fauna. Overnight at Laban Rata Resthouse (3,353 meters)

Day 03 (29th May 2005)
=================
Early morning, start the climb for the summit. If weather permits, enjoy the breathtaking view of Sabah at the top with the dawn breaking over the horizon. Descend to the Park headquarters and transfer back to Kota Kinabalu

Day 04 (30th May 2005)
=================
Join the harvest festival (city name, time of departure to be confirmed by the tour agency), if times permit, will fly off from Kota Kinabalu back to JB, and transfer back to Singapore, else, R&R for the rest of the day, and depart from K.K. back to Singapore via JB.

Interested party please leave your nick/email below:

Nick email
=================================
1. JimDavis

Hi all,

Day 01 (27th May 2005)
=================

Day 02 (28th May 2005)
=================

Day 03 (29th May 2005)
=================

Day 04 (30th May 2005)
=================

Interested party please leave your nick/email below:

Nick email
1. JimDavis
2. Hong Jia (U noe what to call)

Nick email
1. JimDavis
2. JimDavis GF
3. Hong Jia (U noe what to call)
4. icarus / james / cisco2600@gmail.com

sian. cant make it. My sister ROM session on end of the mth.

U guys enjoy urself, ok?!! Rem to show more good PIC! ;)

ah...kota kinabalu...sorta my hometown...:) dont forget to eat seafood!!

BurgaFlippinMan said:
ah...kota kinabalu...sorta my hometown...:) dont forget to eat seafood!!

Your hometown? Live near Tuaran?

The seafood there is really very cheap. Rafflesia, Portview, etc.... Die die must try!

well, sort of..was born there and lived there for 13yrs. parents are west malaysians though. lived in sandakan for 5 yrs and the rest at kota kinabalu. :) eh...i thought Portview quite considered expensive(for us lah) liao? :lol: oh, dont forget to try Tuaran mee too.....:D

BurgaFlippinMan said:
well, sort of..was born there and lived there for 13yrs. parents are west malaysians though. lived in sandakan for 5 yrs and the rest at kota kinabalu. :) eh...i thought Portview quite considered expensive(for us lah) liao? :lol: oh, dont forget to try Tuaran mee too.....:D

Tuaran crabs :thumbsup:
So you must have visited the Kinabalu Emporium? :think:

Some pics to lure you!

Kota Kinabalu, Land below the Wind.

P1000498.jpg

Hmmmmm....Our trip highlight will be Mt. Kinabalu + harvest festival....not seaside though....

Actually the trip can cater to those not climbing too. The Park HQ is at the Mt K National Park. Register at the HQ and proceed to Laban Rata Resthouse for the night. Those not climbing may stay for the night at the Park's chalet. A night at the Park, wow! 15~18 degree C. Sunrise Sunset very beautiful...

There are activities at the Park like trekking/mountain trails and lots of landscape, flowers and lots of insects for shoot. The beetles are very very huge hor! Can be found every where on the ground.

Travel agency got to book the chalet/Resthouse(climb) early, though. Coz it's school holidays in end May. Usually pack!

Update:

Just called up the travel agency in Sabah, and they told me the accommodation in Mt. Kinabalu is fully booked till end May.

They are now trying to see if we can go up the mountain on 1st and 2nd June.

I will let all of you know the outcome as soon as I get a reply from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.