Korean Saba Fish, where to buy?

commonjunks

Jul 23, 2009
Jurong
Anyone knows if i can buy whole SABA fish in Singapore?
I like eating this fish at korean shops but want to grill at home but don't know if wet market sell this fish.

Anyone know where i can buy whole SABA fish (Frozen or unfrozen).
Thanks.

Anyone knows if i can buy whole SABA fish in Singapore?
I like eating this fish at korean shops but want to grill at home but don't know if wet market sell this fish.

Anyone know where i can buy whole SABA fish (Frozen or unfrozen).
Thanks.
I don't think you can get it in wet markets. The wife buys it from NTUC I think.

I don't think you can get it in wet markets. The wife buys it from NTUC I think.

Thanks man, i went to NTUC but they have only fillet (which have no head and sliced half :().
I really like the fish as it have a lot of meet but only single bone. Ok then no choice, will buy from NTUC. Thanks again.

There's a Korean supermarket at the corner of Burlington Square, not sure if they sell the frozen fish there, understand they sell some frozen food , apart from the Korean Tibits, food, hardware etc...

There's a Korean supermarket at the corner of Burlington Square, not sure if they sell the frozen fish there, understand they sell some frozen food , apart from the Korean Tibits, food, hardware etc...

Yah, i know that shop but most likely they will be not selling fish. Thanks for pointing out, i will check when i will go there.

Is it the same as Monk Fish? I been looking around for Monk Fish in Singapore...don't know where to get it. :dunno:

saw it at ntuc hougang mall couple of weeks ago..in freezer near the eggs section

I saw saba fish for sale at carrefour suntec city abt 1 week ago. maybe u can try. its the whole fish.

Thank you guys, tomorrow will go and try it.

Monk fish looks very gross :eek:.

something like angler fish? but i heard in europe, its pretty common and the meat is good for cooking? Jamie Oliver uses it quite often too. Can't find it in Singapore though.

Ok i think its not the same fish that TS is looking for. :dunno:

;) Sir, ho'bout try out our :bigeyes: sultan fish at the RWS ?

Carrefour at either Suntec or Dolby Ghuat. I buy them quite often.

Thank you guys, just bought 3 of em. Going to grill them (hopefully these will turn up like korean style cooking :D).

You should be able to find saba at Japanese supermarkets, think the one at Liang Court should have also.

Is it the same as Monk Fish? I been looking around for Monk Fish in Singapore...don't know where to get it. :dunno:

There is a fish monger shop at Greenwood estate opposite NJC at Bukit Timah that sells Monk Fish but be prepared to pay Bukit Timah prices.