Korea - Seoraksan

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherQX

Apr 6, 2009
hi, any 1 here visited Seoraksan or Mt Seorak before?

I will appreciate if some1 can give me advises and recommendations for the scenic spots in Seoraksan.

Yukdam waterfall and the Biryeong waterfall
Ulsanbawi
Heundeulbawi
Cheonbuldong Valley
Gwongeumseong (by cable car)

these are the spots that I wish to visit. However, I am told that I cant see all these in 1day.

So, which of these spots can be linked?
Thanks

hi, any 1 here visited Seoraksan or Mt Seorak before?

I will appreciate if some1 can give me advises and recommendations for the scenic spots in Seoraksan.

Yukdam waterfall and the Biryeong waterfall
Ulsanbawi
Heundeulbawi
Cheonbuldong Valley
Gwongeumseong (by cable car)

these are the spots that I wish to visit. However, I am told that I cant see all these in 1day.

So, which of these spots can be linked?
Thanks

1. Ulsan Rock (4 hours, 3.8km - one way)
This course will include Heundeul Bawi and Gyejoam Heritage; It is relatively easy from the Heundeul Bawi Rock (meaning unsteady rock) to Gyejoam Hermitage. However, from Gyejoam Hermitage to Ulsan Bawi Rock the 30-minute hike is rather rigorous.

2. Yangpok Course (6 hours, 6.5km - one way)
The Yangpok Course is located in the Sinheungsa area. This seven- kilometer course includes the Yang Falls, but many simply refer to the area as Yankpok. This course cover Cheonbuldong Valley and you can combine Biseondae Cliff and Guemgang Cave & Sinheungsa (meaning slight detour). It is about a 30-40 minute hike from Biseondae Cliff to Geumganggul Cave.

3. Biryong Falls – Sinheungsa (2 hours, 2.4km - one way)
This is stand alone course.

4. Gwongeumseong Fortress – Sinheungsa (1 hour, 1.2km - one way).

I started the morning up to Biseondae Cliff - route closed due to snow and u-turn back to Sinheungsa. Then, went to Biryong Falls and finished the day by taking Heundeul Bawi course. All these in 1 day. I was struck by 2 days because of snow. Separately, I did the Baekdamsa course and Osaek course (different entrances or area of Seoraksan). PM me if you like more details.

Hope this is useful.

You won't be able to cover them in a day.
I suggest you stay at least 1-2 nights.

Also explore the seaside town, take a nice walk and enjoy the food too.

The waterfall was very refreshing and nice...

Good shoes are important.

The cable car ride is ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.