korea 8days trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggodetucsamoht

May 14, 2006
Woodlands
anyone can recommend me a good tour agency that offer better pricing to go for a 8days tour to korea.....

wanna save some bucks but not compromising my honeymoon vacation.....

anybody has any suggestions?

Don't go with the al-cheapo if you afraid your honeymoon get screw up.....Well, there is no guarantee though but I always go with the more established agency....I went with Dynasty before and they are pretty good in their service and itinary :thumbsup:

I recommend going free and easy... 8 days package tour is going to be alot of travelling and rushing about.. because it usually would include Jeju that means you will have to rush for another flight shortly after you land at Incheon Airport + most of your time would be on the road travelling from place to place (what i heard is 8 hours on the bus for one of the locations). At least if you are going on free and easy you can take your time to go around and shop and sightsee. Oh and when are you going for your trip? According to the local tour guide summer is the worst time to visit as its going to be hotter than SG.

btw.. i just came back from korea 7 days trip with SA tours.. trip was very good :)

ohhh i will be goin on the 12 march...................still winter

ohhh i will be goin on the 12 march...................still winter

Dun save & go for cheaper ones, later you regret & have a bad honeymoon.
I went with Chan brothers. The local guide there was a chinese and very entertaining & funny, enjoyed it a lot.

BTW, why not go a bit later to catch the sakura. Its nice :lovegrin:

anyway how much must a couple bring for the trip to seoul ???

I joined the tour group with Genting Holidays. They are located at Bukit Timah Plaza.
Cheap and nice. Our tour guide is a Korean Chinese, Ms Yuan....the best tour guide
I've ever met after joining a few tour groups. She gave free facial and massages every
nite at the hotel for group members :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i went there last dec... my theory is... get the cheapest quote... of cos itinery plays a part... the tour guide will be from korea... local tour guide only responsible to bring u there safe and sound...

of cos, i do comment that my local guide from ASA was fantastic... i got upgraded to business class seats during my flight back...

do also note that there will be a photographer following u all the way...

I joined the tour group with Genting Holidays. They are located at Bukit Timah Plaza.
Cheap and nice. Our tour guide is a Korean Chinese, Ms Yuan....the best tour guide
I've ever met after joining a few tour groups. She gave free facial and massages every
nite at the hotel for group members :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Free facial and massages? by the tour guide? you got to be kidding right? How many tour members?

Free facial and massages? by the tour guide? you got to be kidding right? How many tour members?

yes, free facial and massages by the tour guide...but only to female tour members :)

Free facial started when one of the female tour members developed skin allery on
the forehead from wearing the winter cap for too long. To be fair, the tour guide
offered facial service to anyone who needs one. Korea also famous for pearl powder, so
she always carry some with her.

Massage service also started when one of the female tour members suffered from
gastric pain or too much gastric gas as some of us not used to Korean food.

Anyway, the whole group will always remember this cute tour guide.

mine was from genting holidays too...but its the Korean agency that is good, not SG ones. I remember the one I went is call Zhuo Ren tours in Korea. The korean tour guide is a China chinese and unlike what cookiez had encounter (might be different agency), the guide see people one. Those that are more likely to give tips he treats them better.

If u r going on honeymoon, my advice is, don't leave any gaps to make it a bad one. Even though the most expensive tour package still cannot guarantee no hipcups. If at any point in time u try to save and there is hipcups - good luck to u, unless your wife is really very understanding or the money is not from you solely, else many friends I know who try to save on honeymoon tour packages, either compensate in the future for a tour round the world or go europe for at least 2 weeks! Worst is u get nagged everytime when there is a similar situation coming out....eg. if your relative going for tour, she will dig out and say last time her hubby try to save $$$ end up eat no good, sleep no good etc etc....

Having said that, not saying all wives will be like that lah, but if u want to do things sweet sweet, esp. its honeymoon only 1 time, better choose your tour wisely. Be it packaged or free & easy, unless u are a good navigator, negotiator, know their language and have excellent human relationships with strangers, the latter can be worst than u can think of.

Even travelling almost every month for a decade now, I still cannot say I'm very street smart and travel savvy. There are always lots of logistical things to make your tour sucks....for eg. in Korea, my biggest headache at that time is money and sleep. There are practically no credit card machines in shopping stores and the whole of itawon in Seoul only have 1 Visa machine where I can drew cash!

But that was a couple of years back, now could be better. Also if u go to Jeju, I remember that time my hotel got no pillow one. Have to sleep on the floor and its suppose to be a attraction in that hotel. But our heads are too round so no pillow cannot sleep. Endup stack our clothings to rest on.

Anyway, I know some tour agencies can arrange for honeymoon packages either as a group of honeymooners or have less people and visit more interesting places for people of your age and purposes. I remember my time have 2 places that are more for kids than adults - one is lotte world and another Everland. Unless u have small kids and have not been to disneyland, it can be quite boring for adults. Old people go even worst, practically nothing they can play. If u are into Korean soaps, then maybe u can go to the actual places to see where some of these soaps are filmed in...especially the love dramas. I was quite envious of these Korean teenages lovers at least they have more places to date each other compared to SG.

The worst will be your tour members consist mostly of old people, kids or teenages and only want more rest, toilet break, shopping, playground, visit temple etc....at least my time is like that, now I think because of the korean dramas, u can expect people wanted to get korean fashion shops or go to where Da Chang Jin or Shu Tong Yao filming venues.

My experience is if u are in a normal tour, try to find out the group size as well as the age group. That is why nowadays I never want to go to a tour package unless its really very cheap.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.