Koolest And Most Value For $$ Camera Of The Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jane99

I personally feel Canon a40 is the koolest and value for $$ camera of the year!! i have 1 mysef...wat do u tink?!?

just becareful of the 'bashing' you will get for saying that

No,lah.... no bashing....

It's a good value for money budget camera, but there's many better cameras around too.

Just go out and enjoy yourself and take some great shots and post them here.

:)
ps. me also A40 owner...

Coolest and most value for money camera is......

Phenix with 50/1.7! All for just S$160, and crushes any consumer digital camera photographically!

Originally posted by YSLee
Coolest and most value for money camera is......

Phenix with 50/1.7! All for just S$160, and crushes any consumer digital camera photographically!

hahaha.......:D

for everybody's info, YSLee was referring to the camera i bought from China when i came back to Singapore. (yes i'm back!!!!!!!!!!)

it's an original China made, mechanical / manual camera with a built in light meter and comes with a 50mm f1.7 lens. Mount is Pentax K mount.

best of all, it cost me all of SGD$157 - for a fully functional SLR with a 50mm lens. it has depth of field preview, hotshoe, self timer- everything u would expect from a proper SLR :cool:

i was deciding between the SeaGull equivalent and finally picked the Phenix for its metal shutter curtain compared to the cloth one of the SeaGull.

and it comes with a certain smell i was unable to detect on any of my much higher end Japanese made camera bodies ;p

Originally posted by Red Dawn

hahaha.......:D

for everybody's info, YSLee was referring to the camera i bought from China when i came back to Singapore. (yes i'm back!!!!!!!!!!)

it's an original China made, mechanical / manual camera with a built in light meter and comes with a 50mm f1.7 lens. Mount is Pentax K mount.

best of all, it cost me all of SGD$157 - for a fully functional SLR with a 50mm lens. it has depth of field preview, hotshoe, self timer- everything u would expect from a proper SLR :cool:

i was deciding between the SeaGull equivalent and finally picked the Phenix for its metal shutter curtain compared to the cloth one of the SeaGull.

and it comes with a certain smell i was unable to detect on any of my much higher end Japanese made camera bodies ;p

Welcome back. Btw, have you consider going into camera business in Sg? :p :D

I would be interested to know more about this camera. Care to do a simple review and post some pictures using this?

Originally posted by Goondu

Welcome back. Btw, have you consider going into camera business in Sg? :p :D

well i did think of buying those Phenix / seagull cameras in bulk and selling to schools here for kids to learn photography.......

an interesting business proposition, the camera business ;)

I would be interested to know more about this camera. Care to do a simple review and post some pictures using this?

yup will do.....still trying to figure out the *gasp* Chinese manual. Good thing i paid attention to my chinese teachers during my school days - it really helps! haha ;)

for those who find Chinese a struggle, perservere, for one day u may be using a China made camera :D

haha, Red Dawn, China and Russia have many good and cheap optical devices. Dig dig...

Originally posted by tomshen
haha, Red Dawn, China and Russia have many good and cheap optical devices. Dig dig...

l *almost* bought this Great Wall brand medium format camera, for SGD$300+. it looks really classic. i was told it's going to be a collector's item soon, since it's no longer made...........

hmm..maybe i should have bought that one too....:dunno:

My understanding is that a cloth shutter is preferable for street photography because it is almost totally silent. I think some Leicas have a cloth shutter?

Hmmm... when you coming back?.....;p

Originally posted by StreetShooter
My understanding is that a cloth shutter is preferable for street photography because it is almost totally silent. I think some Leicas have a cloth shutter?

Hmmm... when you coming back?.....;p
:bsmilie: You have D30, you have 1v, you have a metal Phinex, wow man, how many hands do u have?;p

any picture of this fantastic SLR?

Originally posted by Red Dawn

yup will do.....still trying to figure out the *gasp* Chinese manual. Good thing i paid attention to my chinese teachers during my school days - it really helps! haha ;)

Errr... it's a mechanical camera.. I always thought they were pretty straightforward.

Mechanical SLR cameras has been around probably longer than I've been alive (or even longer than my grandfather?).

Unless this SLR has stuff like 1/4000 shutter speed or ability to shoot something like 4 frames per second (mechanical some more) or some kind of super-computer auto-focusing..... else what's the big deal?

:)

That's because you need to take reading lessons.. it's

S$157

and crushes any consumer digicam photographically.

dont forget that mechanical SLRs technically do not need batteries to operate... modern AF SLRs and Digital Cameras will just die without battery power

At the end of the day, you will realise that it's the photographer and not the equipment that counts! The more functions, the more things can go wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.