Konica Minolta , Nikon whats next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drektster

Aug 28, 2005
Some bad news has being annouoced from the above company in the past month.

It has led to some who speculate about whats next?

pentax, olympus, panasonic?

looking at the number of camera (body) olympus is launching. Is it too fast?

will it end up like the once famous electronic gaming campany SEGA?

or is it a sign that olympus is trying very hard to push itself into the digitial photography industry after the long break.

Hmmm ... Nikon + Canon = Nik + on = Nikon :)

Many key players have set enlarged market share targets for the DSLR market, it will be a heated battle in the days ahead, meanwhile stop worrying & let your pics record important chapters to all that matters in your life :)

Personally I don't think it's Olympus' rollout is too quick. I'm generally impressed by the lack of real QC problems with their releases schedules. Their DSLR lineup isn't any larger than their major competitors but they are carving out the best possible market for themselves having been out of the SLR arena for so long, they just want to enter the DSLR market with a complete & now innovative lineup. The new E330 with its liveView facility has revolutionised the manner with DSLRs can be used to the extent of those found in P&S.

Cheers,

or Canon + Nikon = Can + on = Canon ;p

But I definitely hope to see more competitiors in the market. Leads to better products and more innovation.

mpenza said:

But I definitely hope to see more competitiors in the market. Leads to better products and more innovation.

canon + nikon = ko-ni-ca

market consolidation? its like big fish eat small fish. if it happens to Oly with Matsushita, i think not too bad. panasonic products r pretty good too. :)

i also dun get the Nikon part. isn't it already part of Mitsubishi from the start? :dunno:

Olympus is more than just cameras, they have a HUGE medical division...they'd outlive Matsushita which is mostly just electronics...these days people buy the cheapest home entertainment, they aren't buying the best anymore (Panasonic is still my favourite VCR on the market).

mpenza said:

Hahaha try harder dude, you're not getting that one past me ;)

sony and panasonic are big time electronics companies,which doesn't really focus on just digital cameras only they have other stuff as well.

my room alone consists of a discman,digital camera,tv and vcd/dvd player all from panasonic.

zhang3feng said:
canonikon:thumbsup:
Back to the old days where Nippon Kogaku was making lens for Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.