Konica Minolta is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad.
am canon user.
love my canon..
but I think the way things are going...
canon will be sharing monopoly with nikon only
then there's less need to innovate and make new tech come out.. jus repackage...

Its goin to be taken over by Sony for the camera section. They going to concentrate on other areas like optics.

Sony has good marketing team and 'good brand name' (not to me ;p) It will definitely capture the Sony supporters.. so what's the new DSLRs going to be named?
SonyKonicaMinolta? or ...??:dunno::think:

Aiyah so many thread on this. This has already been posted (more than once).

Relax lah.. Sony will come in big! Which business of Sony doesn't do good?

deslim27 said:

Sony had some best (looking, functioinality and feature) Palm OS PDA, but they just closed it out about two years ago :( That's one sad thing for us Palm users when it happened, and I'm still using their Clie TH55, will hold it until it dies me. Still one of the best imho.

But I don't the same will happen with their camera business. That's too much money to lose.

Cheer up, guys. KM 7D and 5D are still some of the best dSLR cameras on the market. Go out and shoot.

Who's going to SBG btw? I (and some other friends) will be there on Sun morning :) Hope to see some KM guys there too.

Cheers and happy shooting.

deslim27 said:

Only the Playstation business is making money for Sony. The other divisions are not doing well profit-wiise.

mm63 said:
Only the Playstation business is making money for Sony. The other divisions are not doing well profit-wiise.

Not really leh, other than Electronics.. the rest are in green.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/CorporateInfo/qfhh7c000000lpn1.html

But that's not my point, I'm just saying Sony name is big in the field that they are playing.. So they won't settle as a small fly in DSLR market.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1035&message=16799529

The link they provided doesn't working for me, but based on the discussion, Sony expect to take 20%-25% of the market.

but Sony is not a big name in SLR field leh.. will ppl jump over instead of bigger names like Canon and Nikon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.