Konica Minolta Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phildate

Is it just me, or is the photo of Jacelyn Tay (?) an absolute stinker or what?? I would've thought Konica Minolta could've come up with something better than that or at least had the sense to think "hold on, this picture is bad, let's not make it 20m big and put it on a building!".

Hate to say it but I really think I could've done better!! ;)

i prefer those matsushima nanako ads where she posed for nikon coolpix :D

clive said:
i prefer those matsushima nanako ads where she posed for nikon coolpix :D

I fully agree. Athena Chu will be good choice too, why Jaclyn? really no taste...

eh.... i liked the photo. Jacelyn Rox :cool:

hee..actually i nv seen the jac pose for minolta pic b4..but i imagine maybe the lighting too strong/weird or she got bad hair day that day or some straneg reason..keke

IMO, dreadful make-up => dreadful skin tone. I cringe every time I drive past a bus-stop!!

Mebbe Jaclyn Tay's manager was more aggressive in pushing her thru for this account... IMHO though, several other local artists will look better than her... a name off my mind would be Bai Wei Xiu? ;)

I don't mind who's the model, its the make up that spoil the shot.

She need to take up more job also. Still remember the news that she lost $$$ in shares and made a bankrupt?

Sure. the photography is less than stellar.
but I think the real issue here is the choice of model.

She thinks she's hot.
but she's not. actually far from it.
on the contrary, she's actually pretty awful.
and yes, i do cringe as the bus passes by that adboard everyday

but then. its a matter of taste.
some have taste. some don't. ;p j/k.

Godzilla Invades said:
mmmmm she's still one of the coolest jap star.....i wish she is my wife!

WAh... tan ku ku loh.....kekekeke....I' think she is very nice and got the type of good wife look.

I am sure those who cringe looks far worst on the bus.

i think they have made a 'sucessful' ad... cos most of you have noticed... if the ad is 'normal' u wouldn't have noticed... but den again... for good or bad... its personal...

another part is... i think the camera is 'great'... hehe... cos it captured the 'clarity', i think tats their intention...

the skin tone is bad and the picture is underexposed.

jacelyn's actually a very nice girl if you've watched the travel series she hosted in which she visited third world countries. these stuff, you can't really fake or act. i won't comment about her as a person,

but the photo really sucks. i dunno what's konica minolta pushing for here... "buy our cameras, we have really good metering systems that will take underexposed photos all the time"

but i believe it's more of a printer problem. they probably didn't calibrate properly and the printer printed all dark.
oh well.

One look at it and I wonder why is it there in the first place.

sequitur said:
the skin tone is bad and the picture is underexposed.

jacelyn's actually a very nice girl if you've watched the travel series she hosted in which she visited third world countries. these stuff, you can't really fake or act. i won't comment about her as a person,

but the photo really sucks. i dunno what's konica minolta pushing for here... "buy our cameras, we have really good metering systems that will take underexposed photos all the time"

but i believe it's more of a printer problem. they probably didn't calibrate properly and the printer printed all dark.
oh well.

i would be suspecting if they were using Medium Format or KM cameras for that shot! :bsmilie:

but really lor, from those typical shots of her all along, she looks pretty svelte, but this current ad campaign is OUCH.... :sweat:

It's good to know I started a popular thread and that the majority of people seem to agree with me. Yup, I suppose it does mean than in a way their ad campaign has worked but then again, the reason for this thread is to flame the quality of it. I don't think many Clubsnappers will be rushing out thinking "must buy Konica Minolta"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.