Koh Samui

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaii50

Dec 27, 2004
www.flickr.com
hi...

i am dropping by Koh Samui for a couple of days....does anyone has any experience on that place....

Other than lazing around for 5 days and 5 nights by the beach...is there any other recommended activities/place!!

Thank you chipping in....

cheers...:cool:
km[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

hi...

i am dropping by Koh Samui for a couple of days....does anyone has any experience on that place....

Other than lazing around for 5 days and 5 nights by the beach...is there any other recommended activities/place!!

km[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Spend those nights with a hot babe?

I've been there... its a nice place to visit. Apart from laying around the beach the whole day, you can either rent a motorbike or a car to go around the whole island. There are quite a few nice hotels around there and there's a temple with a mummified monk (can't remember which temple). Can do a bit of shopping around.... and seafood (lobsters) are really cheap. There are lots of activities at night... pubs, clubs, kick-boxings etc (thailand ma, what you expect right?). Oh ya.... can go for a diving or snorkelling trip (usually starts early in the morning with hotel pickup and ends in the evening with breakfast, lunch and free flow of soft drinks provided)

My last trip was 4 days which was a bit of a rush.

Hope the above helps :)

hi...

km[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Try the guesthouse.

I've been there... its a nice place to visit. Apart from laying around the beach the whole day, you can either rent a motorbike or a car to go around the whole island. There are quite a few nice hotels around there and there's a temple with a mummified monk (can't remember which temple). Can do a bit of shopping around.... and seafood (lobsters) are really cheap. There are lots of activities at night... pubs, clubs, kick-boxings etc (thailand ma, what you expect right?). Oh ya.... can go for a diving or snorkelling trip (usually starts early in the morning with hotel pickup and ends in the evening with breakfast, lunch and free flow of soft drinks provided)

My last trip was 4 days which was a bit of a rush.

Hope the above helps :)

Speaking of renting, correct me if wrong. They require you to leave your passport behind

inorder to rent right ?

Yup, I think you have to leave your passport behind ...... in case of any damages, they want you to pay for the repair ..... I think you can go around and visit the temples ... there is one near the airport which has a stretch of wet market which is very nice ....

Or you can slowly ride a bike to the Jetty as well, quite cooling weather .... but remember to wear a helmet as there may be road blocks in the day to summon people ... remembered I paid 200Baht on the spot for the fine ...

But i think most resorts would have their bikes to rent to their guests ...

Thks, just dun feel comfortable abt using passport as deposit.

Lose passport, ho sey liao. :sweat:

I wouldn't leave my passport with any other than the hotel reception when in Koh Samui. Take it to get a rental bike but don't leave it with them. Just in case, take a photocopy and leave that if they insist.

Do bear in mind that Koh Samui has a high fatality rate on the roads so be careful. Taxis are a complete rip-off so it's better to get a bike unless you want to drink a lot and then you are better off getting the Songathew (sp?).

Enjoy the good food and the cheaper drinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.