Kodak Royal or Fuji Archival Paper?? Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorinser220

Feb 19, 2003
Just wondering what is a good paper to print photos on? I've been printing on mostly Kodak Royal for my 4R prints and Kodak Professional Paper for Super 8R prints?

Are these any good?

Any other better papers? I've heard of Fuji Archival Paper, etc. What do you guys recommend?

Thank you.:)

i've all my prints done on Fuji Crystal Archive paper @ Konota. so far i prefer the output to Kodak Royal and it works for me, since i use mostly Fuji films (other than the ocassional Kodak T400CN)...

I started off printing on Konica (yuck!), then progressed to Kodak Professional glossy and Fuji Crystal Archive. Then again, the lab plays a role (I guess). Some labs use Gretag and Noritsu machines and those can accept any paper you wish. But the printouts IMHO loses out to Frontiers.

What operator of the lab sometimes will help you adjust your prints to give you better colours and saturation. Of course having a quality machine like a Frontier helps to produce those sharp and clear prints.

Personal experience is - after I've printed on Frontier, I'll not print on any other. And Frontiers can only print on Fuji CA Supreme (so their agreement states).

BTW, Konota is a Frontier (FDI) lab. Others include Kim Tian at Upper Cross Street.

Yup .. Fuji Crystal Archive works for me... and Frontier's output is solid! Just Love It :D

Originally posted by toomz
Yup .. Fuji Crystal Archive works for me... and Frontier's output is solid! Just Love It :D

Try going for large prints like s8R or 10R.... lagi best man!
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys.....

Guess I'll be trying out Fuji Crystal Archive Paper next time and on Frontier Machines too.:)

For those who use lab with Frontier machine should try out the Fuji Supreme paper with is about almost the same thickness as the Kodak Royal paper. These are premium paper. Whereas the Fuji Crystal Archive Paper is thinner and similar to the Kodak Professional Paper which is cheaper in cost vs the Royal and Supreme which is primarily designed for digital printouts.
Fuji Supreme paper is best when used for digital photos. Though thick but it is softer the Kodak Royal.:D

I believe Fuji has some kind of clause that FDI (Frontier) labs have to use CA Supreme? :dunno:

Anyway, a teacher friend of mine also sends her film prints to the same lab as me. Same paper and all and she tells me that they are fantast. And, yes I print purely digitals. :)

Originally posted by Azure
Try going for large prints like s8R or 10R.... lagi best man!
:thumbsup:

Mine only 3M digicam... if i print at s8R or 10R will it be still sharp? :dunno:

Well, I've got a cat pix that was printed up to 10R.
I believe that you might have seen it... at the shop we both go to. :)

Originally posted by Azure
Well, I've got a cat pix that was printed up to 10R.
I believe that you might have seen it... at the shop we both go to. :)

Holy Cow :what:
No kidding? The kitty printout on the wall is superb man :eek:

Hahaa .. great I'll definitely give it a try some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.