Kodak high speed infrared HIE

zk-diq

Jan 1, 2009
Telok Blangah
Just dig out a fee rolls of Kodak HIE infrared film 135-36. Will make some test shoot on it.
Lucky my filter R72 R90 still around.

wah!! valuable film.. bet you can sell them at $20/roll.. haha

Just process my HIE film, I cut the roll in half, only make 15 exposure.

From densitometer measure, Film base Dmin about 0.35, fog level slightly on high side, shadow area around .05 above fog level, few frame over expose and Dmax reach 2.30. Still within printable range, however highlight area may be flat. The others tone/gradation looks good, will try to make actual print from my very dusty Durst enlarger. Need a new bulb for my M700 now.

sounds exciting.. can't wait to see the result.. no need to pull our ur enlarger la.. just go next door.. there got so many enlarger:p

sounds exciting.. can't wait to see the result.. no need to pull our ur enlarger la.. just go next door.. there got so many enlarger:p

Sounds good. Will try.

No bulb/ no paper, go next door I need to take course with cert before can utilize their darkroom, alamak just scan it first.

IR_1.jpg

shoot around youth flying club area

IR_31.jpg

East coast

IR_QW.jpg

IR_2_3.jpg

queens way

Wah!! Nice!! HIE really is interesting.. sadly it is no longer in production.. I wonder if the Rollei IR400 is as good.. sigh..

When you free, give me scan your HIE..foc;)

Wah!! Nice!! HIE really is interesting.. sadly it is no longer in production.. I wonder if the Rollei IR400 is as good.. sigh..

When you free, give me scan your HIE..foc;)

on !!:)

Processing of HIE film:

HC110 1:31 dilution

Pre wash 1 min cold water

Develop : 58ºF 10 min

stop bath

Fix 10 min

Processing of HIE film:

HC110 1:31 dilution

Pre wash 1 min cold water

Develop : 58ºF 10 min

stop bath

Fix 10 min

Thanks for sharing your tips and experience with the processing of HIE film:)

You're truly a HARDCORE film shooter :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing your tips and experience with the processing of HIE film:)

You're truly a HARDCORE film shooter :thumbsup:

Cheers!

HARDCORE?? When you up to certain age, parts should be hard, become not very hard, those parts no need to be hard, become hard.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

btw 58ºF is 10º lower then std temp for finer grain.:)

HARDCORE?? When you up to certain age, parts should be hard, become not very hard, those parts no need to be hard, become hard.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

btw 58ºF is 10º lower then std temp for finer grain.:)

*scratching my 'botak' head.. reflecting on... the profound wisdom from the grandmaster :lovegrin:

Finally,

Church6.jpg

Print make from neg.

Ilford multi-grade gloss, cc 20y

5200936354_dd7b24326c.jpg

Ilford paper, 20y

Last edited: