Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c, 14 mp, Canon mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
Kodak today announced the all new DSC Pro SLR/c, a Canon mount version of the SLR/n which utilizes a new body made by Sigma (this isn't stated but is obvious). This announcement now brings Kodak back full circle to the 'good old' Kodak DCS days when they would have both a Nikon and Canon mount of each camera. Other than the obvious differences between a Nikon and Canon body there are also a few other subtle differences, the SLR/c is slightly smaller, has a 1/180 sec flash sync speed, a new AF system and a smaller LCD monitor. The SLR/c becomes the highest resolution Canon mount digital SLR, and a full 35 mm sensor to boot!

for more info , go to

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0403/04031802kodakslrc.asp

Kit said:
Hmmm...... A Kodak DSLR with body made by Sigma and utilises EF mount? Why didn't they use a Canon body? :dunno:

i think because Sigma is capable of designing a body. In contrast Fuji use nikon body.

Fantastic. Now we're seeing some *real* competition for Canon. Maybe I'm dreaming but I hope to see a Fuji S3 equivalent one day. It would help bring down the prices.

More probably because Canon denied them the access to their parts.

Jed said:
More probably because Canon denied them the access to their parts.

Nikon's new lenses are optimise for 1.5x so it is left with Canon with full frame factor (Kodak's choice). If you look closely at the photos at dpreview, the hand grip belongs to the more comfortable Nikon. so Kodak keeps the better hand grip and the EF mount. Again, just my wild guess.

No you're missing my point. I'm saying Sigma built the body because Canon wouldn't license them any Canon body on which to build the 14n/SLR platform. Nikon on the other hand provided parts etc. Like it does for Fuji.

yeah cos sigma has lens and flash mount licence/compatibility...

now why didn't sigma do a Canon-mount sd10? and 4/3? and etc etc etc LOL...

You guys will see a plump of the price of 1Ds very soon. Yeah, good for everybody but not the present 1Ds owner. :D Suddenly I started loving the "ugly" 14n look...

thought tom wants the mkii? hehehehe
anyway it's not only the CCD right? how responsive the camera is also factors a lot...

i was told about the future of DSLR - interchangeable CCD/CMOS. perhaps soon we can have Kodak latest CCD/CMOS - then you buy the latest and fit it in your Kodak-compatible body with the canon- or nikon- mount. modularity modularity.

Similar to those MF with digital backs ? Very very ex....
The news I read during the last PMA is Nikon working on F6 with interchangeable film / digital backs.

I think such concept is only feasible for top-end pro models, so that thier expensive bodies won't depreciate so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.