Knows nothing Totally new

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadoreisaac

Nov 8, 2006
Bukit Timah
Hi there guys, i am totally new in this and i am dam interested in photography. can anyone answer this few questions that i have

*what are the full set of items that i need? i am more keen in digital camera... wat else do i need other then a SLR camera. What is a SLR camera? Can anyone elaborate me what is the items needed for a good indoor and outdoor photography? any website dat u can direct me too for all this info?

to be gd, u nd skills(which i dun have much) :)
ya wads ur buget?

Hi there guys, i am totally new in this and i am dam interested in photography. can anyone answer this few questions that i have

*what are the full set of items that i need? i am more keen in digital camera... wat else do i need other then a SLR camera. What is a SLR camera? Can anyone elaborate me what is the items needed for a good indoor and outdoor photography? any website dat u can direct me too for all this info?

1) this THE website you are looking for
2) Since you effectively know - almost - nothing (about the vocabulary), I recommend wikipedia articles for making things clear, or searching the dpreview site (http://www.dpreview.com/) to see models of digital cameras
3) Photography is not only theory, it is practice. So if someone in your family or friends own a film or digital camera, you should play a little bit with it in order to discover what you want to shoot and examine your limitations and assets ( this is the hard part :sweatsm: )
4) Socrates : "All what i know is that i know nothing ". I am not sure what the photographers here think about their socartic knowledge, but sure you have experts around the corner...

Enjoy photography

Full set - meaning all the lens that could be used on your cam? :bsmilie: Wah you are damn rich leh? OK, Before you jump in, you must be prepared to invest in lenses, filters for each lens, dry box, bag, tripod. It's a big investment. Think carefully before jumping in. Then you also need to decide which brand to go for cos once you are in it'll cost you a lot if you are to jump ship.

Besides the equipment, you will need skill (which I am lacking in great deal) to take good pictures.

Do think about it. :)

full set?!!!???!!!??!!!?!???!!!

Just how much money do you have?

assuming TS say know nothing about photography, i think he/she meant the term used commonly in shops...full set means w CD-rom, charger, USB cable, manual, Usually a pathetic 16mb memory card plus a soft case, a neck sling and the rechargable battery.

or everything that is needed so that a picture can be taken and recorded...that will be a DSLR, a lens, a flash gun if the cam has no build in flash, memory card and battery.....

or even more simple a digital compact:)

if full set for DSLR then i think even go cathay photo, alan photo, MS color and where ever else also cant get full set. many things must order some more...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Full set will be all the EOS lens if u r using Canon..:bsmilie: Anyway welcome to Clubsnap!

Thanks guys. Anyway, i am not that bothered about the cost. Investing into something i really like is worth spending. Other then the lenses , for indoor studio... what do we need? lightings? backdrops....

Thanks guys. Anyway, i am not that bothered about the cost. Investing into something i really like is worth spending. Other then the lenses , for indoor studio... what do we need? lightings? backdrops....

haha...cost not an issue

then get the top end cannon camera equipments...

You might want to google around for aritcles or books about photography. Umm a full set of lenses for Canon means something in the region of $800k+ (including a 1200mm 5.6?) so unless you can afford to throw that kind of money you might wanna specify a budget.

If you really have that kind of money you can buy all of us here nice X'mas presents

Totally new eh. Well....let me show you to the dark side.....

The price guide to Nikon is as follows:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=151190

Start to build up your equipment slowly even if you have deep pockets. Don't go to stores (even CP - doesn't matter if you don't know wat CP means) and ask them wat you need because most of the time you'll end up buying things you don't need.

For indoor studio, the strobes, softbox, reflectors etc etc are all provided. You may want to get a IR trigger. Most studio's strobes can be triggered by IR. It is a gadget to fire off the strobes like how you fire off a flash.

Let us know what you want to shoot and we'll suggest some good equipment to you. These equipment will be good investment like you say. Value for money too in a sense. No worries. Take your time.

Think you need to know what is photography before you can talk about photography. Photography isnt buying a whole set of lens and not knowing what to do with it. Btw, do cater to customise a room size of Dry cabinet for ALL your equipments.

why not get a prosumer camera to play around first? it is a wiser first step and a cheaper one too.

a flash gun if the cam has no build in flash, memory card and battery.....
Which cam don't habe built-in flash? Unless you're talking about those super high end one lah... then that's about $$$$ ;P

If you really have that kind of money you can buy all of us here nice X'mas presents
:bsmilie: (I want a "sniper rifle")

Agree. :thumbsup:

actually new entry DSLR are so cheap that its more worth it to get a DSLR. at least can upgrade when he wants or at least can sell for a better value too.:D

Have u used a camera b4? Do u have a consumer range camera? If u have, i suggest u go on to learn how to compose ur shot first. Photography is not juz about equipment. Later on when u are sure how to compose ur shot then worry abt slr camera's. Pumping in a minimum of 1.4k on a DSLR+basic lens is a hefty investment. If u really want to start learning, may i suggest a prosumer camera as many has suggested

he's going to have a studio with dry cabis and all the canon range of lens plus all the lighting features........ WOW :D

tehehehe but anywayz juz teasing, but really i think start with P&S [point and shoot [means take photos] :D] dun go in DSLR unless u;r already using a P&S and are willing to upgrade bah :D :D

but other then that welcome to 'heaven' *cough cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.