Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

Tango Wasp

Jul 31, 2007
Now I have people coming door to door with this statement. Used to be on the streets.

They are all leading questionnaires that lead to a product eventually. Why they don't call it sales pitch? Friendly chit chat?

Now I have people coming door to door with this statement. Used to be on the streets.

They are all leading questionnaires that lead to a product eventually. Why they don't call it sales pitch? Friendly chit chat?

it's called warming up and breaking the ice :D

so you won't be apprehensive and chase them away. or run away from them

Knock knock... I'm not a salesman. I'm an after-salesman :bsmilie:

Rarely seen...

They are usually scared to do hse to hse,,,

Because of ppl like YOU :bsmilie:

got lar, i encountered one pretty chio one. selling those lock that prevent burglar from breaking in. but i am too busy with my game, so i just said :" no no no!"

got lar, i encountered one pretty chio one. selling those lock that prevent burglar from breaking in. but i am too busy with my game, so i just said :" no no no!"

Abt how old?? :sweat:

LOL did she try breaking in into your house to show you how lousy your lock was?

"Oh you're not a salesman? How disappointing, I was rather hoping to see one"

Say that to them next time and see what they say :bsmilie:

ninelives said:

Isn't that what all locks are for >.>

"Oh you're not a salesman? How disappointing, I was rather hoping to see one"

Say that to them next time and see what they say :bsmilie:

I always tell them why bother to talk to me if they are not trying to sell me/con me. You should see their blank look.

I always tell them why bother to talk to me if they are not trying to sell me/con me. You should see their blank look.

:thumbsup:

i usually just walk pass them, say NO.

and if they follow i shoot them a very, very angry killer stare/glare and they'll just suddenly stop and i can sense the fear...

ooooh...

I think a number of insurance companies also do that. They come up to you in some shopping complex holding a small piece of "survey" form with no company logo on it so that you don't know they're selling insurance. But if you look over to their booth, the name of the company is there.

How about those you encounter at shopping malls? Hello, I'm not selling anything, I just want to know if you have an credit cards?" Followed by the next question, would you like to apply for one?

Once I really have a person that's not selling anything knocking on my door. She's from the NLB and was surveying about our library using habits, got a free bookmark after the survey:)

how about "I am not trying to sell u anything"

when people ask me for survey, I will quote them $50 for one short survey session. As time is money, since they stop me for survey, they have to compensate me some $$$ :bsmilie:

when people ask me for survey, I will quote them $50 for one short survey session. As time is money, since they stop me for survey, they have to compensate me some $$$ :bsmilie:

They are paid for doing survey!