knock knock! any conventional OM user around???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i've popped into your webbie a long time ago, great stuff manz.

hardly anyone using OM these days, it's more like being collected by the ah pehs..

Used to use an OM1 many many years ago.. nice and small.

Yes, Still using my OM-1 frequently. In fact, I just replenished my new OM lens and accessories from Tokyo recently. Will be travelling to Japan in Nov to pick up more.

what did you get? from those big stores in japan or those corner shops? they have lots of 2nd hand stores which are worth looking into.

i thought only the ebay holds most of the OM, i didnt know there is another big lobang in japan....where izzit exactly, care to share, pls??

Originally posted by boochap
i thought only the ebay holds most of the OM, i didnt know there is another big lobang in japan....where izzit exactly, care to share, pls??

you mean the shops itself? usually there will be at least a few good shops within a reasonably sized city, but to find them is one problem by itself already. the last time i went to tokyo i bought a magazine, which happens to state the address of used camera shops. but i have accidentally misplaced that book couple of months back, not sure where it is.

in particular, i've been to one shop which i find their service to be exceptionally good. i was looking at a OM2n among other things, then later i decided not to buy the OM2n(no money lah). The staff even helped me call up other used camera shops in neighbourhood to ask whether they carry any OM2n. It's amazing, that little shop (2/3 the size of ruby photo), but it contains over 3000 lenses and 2000 bodies!

i'll update as soon as i find that book. those shops usually have a good range of olympus cameras and their accessories. if you're there you can try asking information counters or the police 'boxes' for the address.

Normally go for the new stuff rather than the second hand unless not available new. New lens, new motor drives, and other new accessories still available in limited quantity for OM system.

Shop mainly at Yodobashi and Sakuraya mega stores at Shinjuku.
Remember to get yourself the Yodabahsi Gold Point Card and Sakuraya Card for rebate of up to 20%.

Cheers

The new motor drive 2 complete with power-pk and charger is not cheap, probably can get you another OM4-ti body. The "MUST BUY" accessories in Japan is the series 2 screen, reasonably priced about half the price of Beattie screen and no regret. New hot shoe for OM-1 and 2 is less than $30.

Six years ago before the GST increases from 3% to 5% as well as the low exchange rate in Yen, it was a heaven to shop for the second hand OM stuff. Comparing to todays exchange rate, you need to pay about 30% more....sigh.....

Is OM-10Q considered conventional? ;)

Originally posted by Teo
The new motor drive 2 complete with power-pk and charger is not cheap, probably can get you another OM4-ti body. The "MUST BUY" accessories in Japan is the series 2 screen, reasonably priced about half the price of Beattie screen and no regret. New hot shoe for OM-1 and 2 is less than $30.

Six years ago before the GST increases from 3% to 5% as well as the low exchange rate in Yen, it was a heaven to shop for the second hand OM stuff. Comparing to todays exchange rate, you need to pay about 30% more....sigh.....

the series 2 screen is for om3 and 4?

Me too. I shoot with my OM2n and a couple of lenses - all used. It is a wonderful compact and robust system and a joy to use. The flashes are so small and compact compared to my Speedlite 550EX monster.

Yes, the OM-10 is also one of the convention SLR.

The series 2 screen can be also used in the OM2-SP, OM-3, OM-4 (incl. the Ti ). For OM-1 and 2, slight modification of the screen tab is needed.

Sriram,
Nice to know that someone like you using other brand appreciates the OM system.

cheers

i think series 2 screen is cost about 30~40US$ in the ebay.com...
always tempting to buy for my om2sp, but not sure how good is it...any idea?

i think series 2 screen is cost about 30~40US$ in the ebay.com...
always tempting to buy for my om2sp, but not sure how good is it...any idea?

heard that the om2sp eats batteries, so far how's your experience with it?

Gooood....you'll never regret using the series 2 screen.

u need to make sure the metering is put to manual to avoid draining the battery...it been a few months since my last replacement. i used the SR44 silver oxide battery, which is believed to be more lasting and stable output.

i had left the metering at auto mode before, the battery flattened within 1~2 weeks. so better be careful.

ebay.com has a good deal for SR44 battery....think it's 10 for 5.99USD, should be cheaper than local ebven with the additional shipping cost.

btw, i am looking for a 3 and 4Ti at affordable price, if anybody could recommend one?...:p

btw, i am looking for a 3 and 4Ti at affordable price, if anybody could recommend one?...:p

OM4Ti Champange colour, average cosmetic condition, around 700$ at alex photo, peninsula plaza.

then attach a T280 flash, flash sync at all shutter speeds!

OM4Ti Black colour, MINT, price i donno, at ron's photo, adelphi. i got a feeling this one's going to be EX! anyway, check out his 2 mint OM1 and OM2SP bodies, the macro extension, and dedicated macro lenses... woohoo.

yah, that 4Ti is in a very nice condition, they qouted 1600$ with the winder 2....v. ex$. i guess u could get one ~1000$sing in the ebay.com., though that comes with a little bit of risk.

my close to mint condition om2sp with std lens from the ebay.com was only 507sing$ shiping inclusive. i doubt u could get anyhing like this so cheap locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.