Knob on tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, can i ask what is the proper term for the "knob" on the tripod. The knob that tighten/loosen the ball like think where the camera is attached on, where you can tilt your camera etc...

That knob somehow drop out of my friend's manfrotto without us noticing :eek:. Anyway to get a replacement for that? Pls advise, thank you

Erm. Ballhead knob?

hehhehe yeah... It's known as a knob... ;)

Try the store where you bought it from...
I know that Cathay photo has lots and lots of Manfrotto items. Maybe they carry spare parts too.

Hi guys, can i ask what is the proper term for the "knob" on the tripod. The knob that tighten/loosen the ball like think where the camera is attached on, where you can tilt your camera etc...

That knob somehow drop out of my friend's manfrotto without us noticing :eek:. Anyway to get a replacement for that? Pls advise, thank you

You talking about this knob?
heads_bh2.jpg

Benro called it adjustment knob. Not sure the same nomenclature is used elsewhere.

I think u describe to the uncle/auntie in the shop, they will know, even if u don't find a name for it. No worries.

i believe you can buy it from CP

i bought a different knob from them b4
but that was years ago

call them and ask

You talking about this knob?
heads_bh2.jpg

Benro called it adjustment knob. Not sure the same nomenclature is used elsewhere.

I think u describe to the uncle/auntie in the shop, they will know, even if u don't find a name for it. No worries.

no not that knob..this knob is to turn left and right on my tripod.. i think it should be the one that rashkae and zero is describing. its the knob above the one you showing in your picture. Its a round one, that allows the camera to tilt, change to portraits/landscape... it tightens the part that holds the camera.

can get replacement knob or not like from CP, JO etc...?

Just simply take a photo of é tripod head with missing part, email cathay, tell them é model of é head, ask is it available n how much.

no not that knob..this knob is to turn left and right on my tripod.. i think it should be the one that rashkae and zero is describing. its the knob above the one you showing in your picture. Its a round one, that allows the camera to tilt, change to portraits/landscape... it tightens the part that holds the camera.

can get replacement knob or not like from CP, JO etc...?

It IS the one in the picture!
but maybe your model of manfrotto tripod is a using a round knurled knob instead of a 'handle-like' thingy. Both do the same job. They lock the ballhead in position. In fact, if you prefer the handle-thingy, maybe you can change it for that one too. As long as the screw thread is matching, and no obstruction is caused, I don't see the problem ;) cheers!

Just some comparison photos:

BH-2.jpg

and

B-3.jpg

both knobs do the same thing. The second image shows a ballhead with more than 1 knob. These are for additional tension controls.

Just some comparison photos:

BH-2.jpg

and

B-3.jpg

both knobs do the same thing. The second image shows a ballhead with more than 1 knob. These are for additional tension controls.

lol you are right, my bad... now i know the part model no is 488.10, hopefully CP has got it to replace. :p

in future...... a quick way would be to

Step 1

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/off/pid/4482

(which also serves very well as a recommended/preferred tripod/head combo given your intended camera/lens setup)

----------------------------

Step 2

and then look to see what that part looks like and its part number here

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/spareparts/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce#

---------------------------

Step 3

THEN walk into Cathay's tripod/head dept with a saat saat face, like an ol' pro and cooly ask for that part number .... the uncle/auntie there will jaw drop and treat you more seriously LOL :)

Sounds like you're looking for a replacement locking knob/handle.

Last edited:

Step 3

THEN walk into Cathay's tripod/head dept with a saat saat face, like an ol' pro and cooly ask for that part number .... the uncle/auntie there will jaw drop and treat you more seriously LOL :)

ha ha ha :thumbsup::thumbsup:

in future...... a quick way would be to

Step 1

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/off/pid/4482

(which also serves very well as a recommended/preferred tripod/head combo given your intended camera/lens setup)

----------------------------

Step 2

and then look to see what that part looks like and its part number here

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/spareparts/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce#

Step 3

Sounds like you're looking for a replacement locking knob/handle.

LOL im not going to do that, anyway have to collect the parts at their service centre@outram. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.