Kng's Seven Skies Photo Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

beivied

May 8, 2003
East, Singapore
hi ... something is wrong with kng's website that he always use to hotlink, so here am i giving a hand... :)

kng, if there are any wordings you wanna add to your photos, do let me know :D

IMG_9234-vi.jpg

IMG_9241lowres-vi.jpg

IMG_9256-vi.jpg

IMG_9260-vi.jpg

IMG_9261-vi.jpg

IMG_9266-vi.jpg

IMG_9282-vi.jpg

IMG_9363lowres-vi.jpg

IMG_9367-vi.jpg

IMG_9379lowres-vi.jpg

dunno if it's my comp but i can only see the 1st photo and the mother jellyfish. the rest are X-rated...

and jellyfish looks like a agarplate growth of fungi!!!

Thanks beivied for the help! :) All, pls feel free to post any comments, criticism etc! ;)

DTan said:
dunno if it's my comp but i can only see the 1st photo and the mother jellyfish. the rest are X-rated...

and jellyfish looks like a agarplate growth of fungi!!!

Me too. Cannot sell all the pics.

so sorry .... wanna help kng, more like clumsy ... :embrass:

hope it is ok for viewing now :)

pics quite nice =) but was wundering : is that long rope a piece of basic essential item? :think: ie isit like mask, tank, flipper, watch..etc or was it used just for thsi expedition for special purpose only

i personally like the jellyfish photo... too bad the other one has a diver staring at it, haha, if not it will look much nicer without that big distraction at the back ... ;p

i would find that for both nudi shots the lightin seem to be a little uneven, and a bit harsh on the dusky nembrotha.... dunno how you guys find it ...

Wow.. KNG.. your photos are really improving..... :thumbsup: i reckon you are better than me in Wides... me still green horn in that area.:embarass: :embrass:

Amongst all, i love number 2 and 3 the most. Esp number 2. more critical comments to come later. :D

Hi Kng,

#1, The photo looks abit under to me. The diver in the deep blue wasn't that visible as well.

#2, My Fav of all the lot. I find that you have captured a perspective of the Map Puffer very well. The blue hue was wonderfully under-exposed as well.
There is a catch though, you'll need 2 strobes soon ;) the left side of the frame wasn't lit that well. I'd rather have the left side lit well rather than the right mainly because there is a Blue hue which you have captured very well. IMHO, if the left side of the frame is lit well, it will bring out the contrast of the shot, since there will be a gradient tone to the Blue background. None the less :thumbsup:

#3, Second fav. I would love to have more detail on the tech diver with stage bottles and twin tanks. The shot gives me a feeling of those deep dives and it gives me a feeling of a moving highway. traffic on both side. Only gripe is the inability to see some details of the tech diver. Again a very good effort.

On the contrary to what most have said, I do not feel that the two jelly fish shots have given me the sense of impact. Though it is hard to capture these oceanic ones and not to mention the stings one has to go through to capture them.

#8, Picture of potographer taking photographs, i would personally like to see the eyes of the photographer. I feel that by showing the eyes the picture will have more of a "soul" to it.

Having said all that. I still think they are very good shots. I sincerely do not think i could produce more stunning shots than yours. :D

i like shot 2.....what power do u set on your DX90? seems like a manual dialler is not bad afetrall for digital. With instant feedback, u can correct easily. the Ikelite TTL seems to overexpose on Waisj's pics.....

hmmm. i find that shot 2 doesnt appeal so much to me. the puffer doesnt stand out enough from the background. too many colours and the left side colours are similar to the puffer colour some more. i would actually prefer to see more blue....

kthan said:
i like shot 2.....what power do u set on your DX90? seems like a manual dialler is not bad afetrall for digital. With instant feedback, u can correct easily. the Ikelite TTL seems to overexpose on Waisj's pics.....
Thanks guys for all yr comments - pls don't hesitate to give negative comments too...

I still have GREAT difficulty in estimating the correct setting on the YS90 - every single shot is a trial and error snap. It is either overexposed (v common) or underexposed. Sometimes i have to take 8-10 shots just to get the correct exposure. Sigh - am tempted by Waisj's suggestion that i get the TTL connector with a 5050 setup.

I think i was using roughly about half power for the puffer shot.

A lot of my photos were "throw-away" cos of lots of back scatter. Will show you guys this weekend and you can give me more pointers. Eric, my shot of you at the 7 skies window is completely spoilt by backscatter. :cry:

kng said:
am tempted by Waisj's suggestion that i get the TTL connector with a 5050 setup.

Eric, my shot of you at the 7 skies window is completely spoilt by backscatter. :cry:

i'd get the manual TTL controller instead.

as for my photo, :cry: :cry:

clive said:
pics quite nice =) but was wundering : is that long rope a piece of basic essential item? :think: ie isit like mask, tank, flipper, watch..etc or was it used just for thsi expedition for special purpose only
Clive, the rope is basically a descent line tied from the boat to the wreck. Because of current swells at the surface plus the wreck is very deep (top funnel around 100-120ft, main deck at 140ft), we used the rope to pull ourselves up and down to conserve air (as opposed to finning which takes more effort). Air is always at a premium for deep dives!

kthan said:
i'd get the manual TTL controller instead.

as for my photo, :cry: :cry:
Never mind... i got a BEAUTIFUL shot of you looking very garang while hanging onto the descent line... ;)

wa lao, you people make me envy leh ... never dive with you guys on this trip ... :cry:

waisj said:
Hi Kng,

Having said all that. I still think they are very good shots. I sincerely do not think i could produce more stunning shots than yours. :D

VERY diplomatic leh :bsmilie:

beivied said:
wa lao, you people make me envy leh ... never dive with you guys on this trip ... :cry:

kng and Dtan, maybe, but u not chance to dive with me liao......hanging up my fins.

Eric

kthan said:
......hanging up my fins.

:cry: :cry: :cry: nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

don't hang up.....

SELL SELL SELL!! hahah.. i'm just kidding...

Status
Not open for further replies.