KMT landslide parliamentary vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
CNA news at 9pm says they won by big margin.
10.30pm local time Taiwan will officially announce results.

I think Mr. Chen is going to flee from the country very soon. :bsmilie:

the higher ups in this country have to think about all new foreign policy towards taiwan.

Good riddance Ah Bian.

Its high time u and ur chaps get outta the hot seat before u soak the entire region into boiling oil and get us all fried.

The assassination case in last election was suspicious.
It seems his stomach was lightly grazed and a photo showed he was making calls on the hand phone while waiting for medical treatment.

If it was fake (I tend to think so) then it was not honourable to win an election this way. (edited)

According to some news report, after that so-called assassination attempt, they passed an order forbidding the uniformed services personnel to vote, knowing they tend to favour KMT.
Amazingly, they said the assassin got away in the middle of heavy security. Can a lone shooter of ANY president run away and escape after an assassination attempt?
Got to be kidding. :bsmilie:

And then much later they pinned all blame on a dead man.

Say hello to inevitable reunification. It is a sad day indeed for Taiwan if they had really decided to become pro-China.

Say hello to inevitable reunification. It is a sad day indeed for Taiwan if they had really decided to become pro-China.

reunification is highly unlikely. how can PRC reunify under ROC terms or ROC's reunify under PRC's terms.

with KMT's win, ROC declaring independence is over n no more excuse for PRC to declare war on a insubordinate state. things will live as it is like the past 60 yr. by another 60 yrs if there's no reunification, ROC and PRC will not talk about reunification anymore as by then the leaders know nothing about the 1949 civil war.

peace n quiet for the time being by both

that is where you are wrong, one side will always use reunification/independence as a propaganda tool. The issue will rage on and on and on till god knows when. Currently not all Taiwanese can stand the Mainland Chinese`s behavior and the govt is not going to allow the hordes of PRC jobless to flood the Taiwan market.

Hey watch what you saying, I love that guy.

That is why he is on my dart board
Mind lending me? ;p

After a hard day's work, nothing beats throwing darts. :thumbsup:

The reunification/separation idea is actually just a political tool.

But when one takes it to the extreme in political power play and seriously try to implement it, they are simply asking for trouble (like for eg, changing names on passports from ROC to just "Taiwan") by attempting to boil things up in order to consolidate more power for themselves.

I think Taiwanese are pretty sick of the political power play Ah Bian's been playing for the last 3 to 4yrs. I guess they'd be cool abt it if the economy's doing well but its not exactly very rosy for Taiwanese economy and furthermore the games played had definitely slowed down Mainland's economy opening to Taiwan.

I guess KMT would have to concentrate on the economics first if they'd wanna shore up more support rather than scream Idealism and Independence. There's only so much u can live on with brain food alone.

Well good riddance to Ah Bian.

But knowing him and his style, he will surely pull out more of his infamous politicking in his last days, especially now that he has lost even more face!

nah dartboard more than enough. Dun think either one will work as the president, they are both better off as city mayors.

Taiwan's ruling DPP chooses Frank Hsieh as acting party chairman
Posted: 14 January 2008 1206 hrs

TAIPEI : Taiwan's ruling Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), reeling after a crushing defeat in weekend parliamentary polls, on Monday tried to rebound by naming its presidential hopeful, Frank Hsieh, as acting chairman.

"I was afraid that day-to-day party affairs would conflict with campaign activities...but as I've been entrusted with the mission, I will do my best to do it," Hsieh told reporters after being named.

Hsieh, a former premier, took over from President Chen Shui-bian, who resigned immediately following the DPP's devastating loss in parliamentary elections, which saw the main opposition Kuomintang win a two-thirds majority.

The Kuomintang (KMT), which favours better relations with China, capitalised on voter discontent with the independence-leaning Chen, who will step down later this year at the end of his second and final term.

Hsieh is currently trailing the KMT's Ma Ying-jeou by a wide margin ahead of the March 22 presidential polls, according to opinion polls released Monday.

A poll by the China Times put support for Ma at 51.4 percent to just 19.9 percent for Hsieh.

A second poll by the United Daily News signalled an even wider gap - 60 percent support for Ma and 18 percent for Hsieh.

Hsieh will serve as acting DPP leader until a new chairman is formally elected in May. - AFP/ch

Looks like they got no better candiates!:bsmilie:

KMT Rules!

DPP's a goner.

They can do better than just coming up with hawkish talks of rights and independence.

A man can make do with so much brain food before he starves to death due to the lack of real food. Guess the people are sick of all those games liaoz.
Time to whip Taiwanese economy back to shape!

What they had done were cheap publicity(Bo Liao) and I believe they caused their downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.