KMS Outing Pt2 - Railway Station

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
KMS (KonicaMinoltaSony, not that railway KMS hor, haha!)

For the memories to show to your future. :D

Date : 19th (or 23rd?, to avoid crowds) June 2011 (Due to weather condition. If rain, will sms all and cancel trip. Safety first.)
Time : 10am to 3pm???
Venue : First stop, Bt Timah Railway Station. Second stop, Railway Station at Tanjong Pagar. Third stop, depends on you. (Recommended Bt Panjang Crossing. Kranji area (more ppl safer), Buona Vista area etc..

Itinerary : 10am - meet at Bt Batok MRT station for head count (1,2,3...) Then move to bus stop and take bus 174, 157 or 66 to Bt Timah road. Along the way, blah blah blah... Alternative, you could go there your own, if you know the way well.

10:20am - Expected to reach location. Gear up, take photos of 1 of few metal bridge crossing in Singapore for Railway tracks. Train Service suppose not been there but might just be CAREFUL! :bigeyes:

11am - Proceed to Railway Station, Bt Timah station. Need to ask for permission as there is a sign "No Photography Allows". Here is your chance to WITNESS the token exchange around 11:15am (If the schedule same as wkday) So, mount your camera on tripod n ready for 20 frames or more for this special event.

11:30-11:45am - Says goodbye to our station master and thanks them if you wants. Then we move to Clementi by bus (will find out later which bus to clementi) for lunch. Own expense pls. :bsmilie: Ok, I found out how to reach Tanjong Pagar Station from here. We will eat at Mac at King Albert Park there. After which, we will board bus 151 t o Kent Ridge Terminal. From that terminal, we will take bus 10 to the Railway Station.

12:45pm - Take bus 97(to be confirm or any 1 can confirm?) to Tanjong Pagar Station. OTOT upon reaching but also need permission due to respect. Maybe a GROUP photo for all KMS users outside the station, for a memory. :cry:

3pm or eariler - I suppose all will be tired by now and want to go back? So, OTOT lor. I might go other places/tracks to take. ;)

Lens/Lenses to bring. Avg 28mm to 200mm. Bring extra if you need to. I bringing my 16-35mm for sure. Tripod, a must for "token exchange" photos unless you are confident that you could hand held for 20+ frames. Bottled WATER!!! At least 2 bottles of it cause of hot weather during afternoon. You will feels the heat, trust me, haha! Small Towel/tissues, if you needs, up to you. Bus available there : 10,30,57,87,97,100,131,145. Nearest MRT : Tanjong Pagar.

Pls Register under here.
19th Jun (Sunday)
1. BBTM

23rd Jun (Thurs) If rains on Sun and you can make it.
1.BBTM

Last edited:
Pls Register under here.
19th Jun (Sunday)
1. BBTM
2. kei1309

1.BBTM

the reason why they put up a sign board stating " NO PHOTOGRAPHY " is because they dont like a big group there..

i hope it helps. :)

Pls Register under here.
19th Jun (Sunday)
1. BBTM
2. kei1309
3. valance75

1.BBTM

Re: KMS Outing Pt2 - Railway Station

Pls Register under here.
19th Jun (Sunday)
1. BBTM
2. kei1309
3. valance75
4. TAYKT

( 23rd Jun (Thurs) If rains on Sun and you can make it.
1.BBTM

This will be my first outing with all Alpha family guys..hope to learn something from all of you here.. (-'_'-)

Pls Register under here.
19th Jun (Sunday)
1. BBTM
2. kei1309
3. valance75
4. TAYKT
5. songws (tentative)

1.BBTM

Addition outing. (If weather is good)

Date : 26th June 2011

Venue : Stretch of abandon railway tracks at the west.

Time 16:00 to 20:00 (Might ends early for safety issue.)

There are some abandon railways tracks, tunnels etc.. located in the west part of Singapore. No train service for a long long time. They used to service the port in Tuas areas but were closed during the 90's.

I still haven't find the right spot to start off, any suggestion? Hear that there is a tunnel around teban area. Those railway track might be heavily infected with MOSQUITO (Warning!!!) and so, insect repellent is a MUST! Also that those area are flooded with muddy water, for those who dares.

I will find out more on this asap. We could use the sunset to aid our photos too. But for safety purpose, bring a touch light also. My friend ask to bring parang, which I think, no so recommend. IF this outing is a GO, we will take photos on location which consider SAFE. Furthermore, there MIGHT be ppl hiding over there, so, we just got to be careful.

Addition Outing (Not Confirm Yet)
1. BBTM

Btw, I will pm those on previous outing my HP soon. Really sad to see another piece of history gone... :cry:

Updates : This outing will be a interesting one. We either start from Teban or Clementi. But from what I sees. Teban is a better choice to start off. Reason is that there is a crossing over the river at clementi. Will sunset behind, I bet that it's will be nicer than a plain railway. Will discuss this issue on our first meeting.

Last edited:
1. BBTM
2. TayKT ( i should be free that day)

1. BBTM
2. TayKT ( i should be free that day)
3. kei1309 (might be available)

Do take notes on updates. :D

Updates : Mobile number send via PM. Pls chk. If dont have, pm me. Thks!

Last edited:
hey bro. i think i need to withdraw from this outing. last minute work schedule on sunday. sorry!

So many people at the Bt Timah Station till out of control. Meet some nice folks over there as me and TayKT went for the outing only. In the end, a guy model for us at Tanjong Pagar station, so fun. We even went deep into another area, where hardly got people goes there. Overall, a nice outing. Yup, maybe I might be going on Thurs morning. Interested party could pm me their contact. Thks for reading. :D

I wish is a Gal model..Haha..feel tired and slpy..no time to edit my pics..zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZ!!!!!

I'm just curious, is this outing limited to KMS holders only? If its not, please add me up. thanks,

I'm just curious, is this outing limited to KMS holders only? If its not, please add me up. thanks,

Yup, it's not but prefered as same system, easy to learn more. Anyway, if coming thurs weather is good, i am going again. If you wish to join, do pm me. We still sees group of canon users together when we at bt timah there. Maybe it's a common brand in sg or they having their own outing. ;-)

Last min changes. Got OT on Wed night, can't go on Thurs liao. So, coming Sunday will be Teban/Clementi while Monday, will be Bt Timah (again? Yup, cause hope no ppl to block my view!) and Tanjong Pagar (Short one for me, stays there if you wants but I will be off in an hr or so.) Interested party still can pm me and I will arrange meet up points. Hope not late again this time. PS to TAYKT.

Anyone can join us.. With or with out dslr camera..Even just a digital compact camera also can join our outing.. Ya.. so sianz back to hm liao..see u..bb..