KMD5D with AF 75-300mm f/4.5 - 5.6 (D) Black LS (FD 55mm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

titaniumt4

Nov 24, 2004
CCK
Would like to gather some feedback from the expert here on this lens. I just bought this and was playing with it, but found that 70% of the shot taken were not properly focused...

AS was on all the time, half of those shots, the shutter speed were 1/3 but the other half were like 1/40, 1/30, not sure whether it was due to my hand shake or the subject moving, btw, the subj of shot were monkeys in Bukit Timah Hill.

may be you can show us the photo, we will have a better idea. But with 1/3s time using 300mm, my guess is the blurness is due to shaky handheld camera. :sweat:

titaniumt4 said:
Would like to gather some feedback from the expert here on this lens. I just bought this and was playing with it, but found that 70% of the shot taken were not properly focused...

AS was on all the time, half of those shots, the shutter speed were 1/3 but the other half were like 1/40, 1/30, not sure whether it was due to my hand shake or the subject moving, btw, the subj of shot were monkeys in Bukit Timah Hill.
A bit ot here i'm interested in yr lens if u are think of giving it up or exchanging it for the silver colour version.
back to the topic...at such low shutter speed it will be near impossible to capture the monkeys

eow said:
A bit ot here i'm interested in yr lens if u are think of giving it up.
back to the topic...at such low shutter speed it will be near impossible to capture the monkeys
Bro, thought you own one already? Need for back up??

Back to topic, if AS can help to reduce shake by 2-3 stops, and given the usual 1/(focal length) shutter time to reduce chance of shake. You will need 1/300s x 4 (choose 2 stops, on the safe side), which is about 1/75s to get a clear image.
It's very much depend on your hand held technique on the camera and lens.

zcf said:
Bro, thought you own one already? Need for back up??

Back to topic, if AS can help to reduce shake by 2-3 stops, and given the usual 1/(focal length) shutter time to reduce chance of shake. You will need 1/300s x 4 (choose 2 stops, on the safe side), which is about 1/75s to get a clear image.
It's very much depend on your hand held technique on the camera and lens.
i like black colour:)

eow said:
A bit ot here i'm interested in yr lens if u are think of giving it up or exchanging it for the silver colour version.

Thanks Bro, but I like the black one as well, just bought it for less than a week la, wont be goving it up soon...:cheers:

PICT0022.jpg

Blur shot
Shutter Speed : 1/40
Focal Length : 300mm

[
PICT0025.jpg

Relatively sharp shot
Shutter speed : 1/50
Focal Length : 280mm

[
PICT0027.jpg

Manual focus and it was pretty dark liao, so I think this one due to my cross-eyed, my spectacles were foggy also...
Shutter Speed: 1/125
Fill Flash
Focal Length : 300mm

I can only see the first photo. I think it's mostly subject motion that's causing the blur - AS can't help with that. Try to use higher shutter speeds or a flash. Just got this lens too, and I feel that it focuses very slowly (and sometimes not accurate too). That what you get for the price I guess...

That nothing bad abt this lens except for it not-so-bright/big aperture f/4.5-5.6
so far this lens never fail to amaze me...some pics taken with the lens
taken in raw and process thru pixmantec's raw shooter essential and jpeg xfine thru photofiltre
raw version
Image001copy.jpg

Image007copy.jpg

Image014copy.jpg

jpeg version
Image052opy.jpg

Image059opy.jpg

Image066opy.jpg

Image044opy.jpg

ps....anybody got the black version but want a silver version one can pm me:)

seeyf said:
I can only see the first photo. I think it's mostly subject motion that's causing the blur - AS can't help with that. Try to use higher shutter speeds or a flash. Just got this lens too, and I feel that it focuses very slowly (and sometimes not accurate too). That what you get for the price I guess...

Sorry, had edited to use diff URL liao. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.