KM lenses and filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicalai

Nov 9, 2005
Far East
musicalai.blogspot.com
I was glad that the sun came out today, so I grabbed the camera and headed out. While I was fiddling with the lens, I noticed something which puzzled me.

I've had the Minolta 100mm f2.8 macro lens for about 3 weeks now and I just realized it has a Hoya skylight [1B] filter on it. Is that supposed to be normal? :dunno:

musicalai said:
I was glad that the sun came out today, so I grabbed the camera and headed out. While I was fiddling with the lens, I noticed something which puzzled me.

I've had the Minolta 100mm f2.8 macro lens for about 3 weeks now and I just realized it has a Hoya skylight [1B] filter on it. Is that supposed to be normal? :dunno:

No, it should have a B+W MRC filter.;)
Just kidding. Lenses come only with lens caps and you have to buy whatever filter you want to put on it. Lucky you.

Oh, is that how it works? I had no idea...

Now I'm confused; so you mean when you buy a brand new lens there's no protective glass on it?

musicalai said:

Now I'm confused; so you mean when you buy a brand new lens there's no protective glass on it?
HIee...

Unless its the long G lens that comes with aclear filter...mainly due to large glass - thats really expensive.

Putting a glass on a lens that is of already great quality may at times degrade the optics performance.

Yes, its true that most consimer lens does not comes with any protection measure for the front elements...except the doubling up of the use of hood to protect agianst direct hit of front elements to the surface..

rgds,
sulhan

musicalai said:

Wah lau ......... buay tahan ........I think I must eat sotong for dinner tonite!!

Are you serious ........ is this a new lens or used lens that you have bought? If it comes with a filter then it is obviously a used lens. Not new.

haha...I'm still very new to this level of photography ma...

I bought this lens used on the same day that I bought my first dSLR; but it's only now that I'm a bit more attuned to what the markings mean. So I was just surprised to see a part on the lens with a different brand.

Hope you enjoyed your sotong :cool:

musicalai said:
haha...I'm still very new to this level of photography ma...

I bought this lens used on the same day that I bought my first dSLR; but it's only now that I'm a bit more attuned to what the markings mean. So I was just surprised to see a part on the lens with a different brand.

Hope you enjoyed your sotong :cool:

Yummy ..... don't worry you're not the only one ........ there are still lots of sotongs in the sea ....;p

musicalai said:
haha...well I hope you will guide me along so I can become less sotong over time... :)

u sure u got a 100mm , not 600mm prime hah?
:bsmilie:

anyway, hope to see u in the minotla gathering soon..:angel:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
U are a MUTANT!!! Once a sotong, forever a sotong... i am 1 too... :embrass:

Really ah? *contemplates upon my perpetual sotong-ness* :cry:

In that case we sotongs should band together and take over the world lor... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.