KM 7D shutter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

steel

Mar 14, 2004
Singapore
Hi,
I think I read this somewhere in the forum here, but can't find it. Pardon me for bringing it up again. It happen to me now.

When I take the first shot, my camera would shoot a black blank screen, then power down by itself, the LED will stay for awhile and fade away. usually I turn it off and on again, the problem would go away, but now the condition seem to be getting worst, need to turn on and off a few times.

This happen whenever I left my 7D in my dry box for more than a week, I will encounter this problem.

Anyone got an explanation?

Regards:dunno:

I experienced this when I change lens recently. I switch the AF mode to manual after change lens and then switch back any AF mode. I doesn't happen again.

steel said:
Hi,
I think I read this somewhere in the forum here, but can't find it. Pardon me for bringing it up again. It happen to me now.

When I take the first shot, my camera would shoot a black blank screen, then power down by itself, the LED will stay for awhile and fade away. usually I turn it off and on again, the problem would go away, but now the condition seem to be getting worst, need to turn on and off a few times.

This happen whenever I left my 7D in my dry box for more than a week, I will encounter this problem.

steel said:
Hi,

I just got my shutter replaced 2 weeks back due to the same problem.
You may wish to send in service centre.

Is KM service centre is still the same near commonwealth

dominator said:
I just got my shutter replaced 2 weeks back due to the same problem.
You may wish to send in service centre.

Caussway said:
Is KM service centre is still the same near commonwealth

No they're located at Orchard Wisma Atria under Sony.

its a shutter problem. happened to my 5D after i activated the clean ccd function to dust it. i've noticed that the problem happens if i don't power on the camera for more than 24 hours otherwise its fine.

Give Sony a call at :

Tel:64758345

nsalman said:
i'm having the same prob....i tot it was the cf card... how much to service?

At last, I managed to send in for servicing, SONY quoted me $160 to change the shutter assembly. Luckily it is under warranty.

Camera now under repair.

What ? Under warranty still have to pay ? :dunno:

steel said:
At last, I managed to send in for servicing, SONY quoted me $160 to change the shutter assembly. Luckily it is under warranty.

Camera now under repair.

Under warranty and paid ?

I sent to Sony Svc centre in Malaysia and got the camera back today.
About 2 weeks , seems good now. No charges of course :)

tankm said:
What ? Under warranty still have to pay ? :dunno:
I think he meant that he was quoted that amount, until they found out it was still under warranty? So, it is free of charge.

Drudkh said:
I think he meant that he was quoted that amount, until they found out it was still under warranty? So, it is free of charge.

yr grip problem solve??
:think:

nsalman said:
send mine in last week. they called and quoted me $165 but no parts. They told me it could take another two weeks.

sigh...

OK, I just collected my 7D, they changed the COPAL shutter assembly. I noticed there is another 7D at the service center, it had a shutter changed too.
This could be a production problem the flaws could be in batches.

FYI, the shutter assembly cost $77
plus Technical charges of $80 and 5% gst total: $164.80

My 7D is still under warranty (3rd party). :) so no need to pay.

nsalman said:
just collected my 7d last sunday. now shutter working fine.

gonna send mine in too...

i think mine got something to do with the firmware or buffer.

cos i set mine to set folder for different days, so start of new day will hang, then now i notice is, if i clear the cf card, then the next shot also same problem.

Seems like S'pore has no problems with parts... the US has lots of problems with Sony not servicing their 7Ds and offering buy back schemes or exchanging for a DSC-H5 (p&s)...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
gonna send mine in too...

i think mine got something to do with the firmware or buffer.

cos i set mine to set folder for different days, so start of new day will hang, then now i notice is, if i clear the cf card, then the next shot also same problem.

strange thing happened on my 5D on Tues. i last used it on Sunday with EOW. i swapped CF card (before switching on) but it didn't hang after the first shot. but when i used it yesterday after two days in dry cab, same old problem came back. i wonder if its really a problem with the shutter or the CF card slot/ reader/ firmware/ buffer etc... :think:

Trigger Happy said:
strange thing happened on my 5D on Tues. i last used it on Sunday with EOW. i swapped CF card (before switching on) but it didn't hang after the first shot. but when i used it yesterday after two days in dry cab, same old problem came back. i wonder if its really a problem with the shutter or the CF card slot/ reader/ firmware/ buffer etc... :think:
i got my replaced once ...after heavy usage the shutter prob came back again

Status
Not open for further replies.