Klose's #2 Outing - Plane Spotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Actual outing details will be posted tomorrow. Here's the tentative plan which has been discussed briefly with JediForce4ever. He's will give a small talk on the fun things about plane spotting (It's not just taking photos of planes) :)

Tentative Schedule

Date: 2nd October 2005
TARGET: Metal Birds
Shooting Location: Changi Intl and Perimeter Area
Duration: Refer to Photog's Schedule
Participation is Free, you just need to find your own way there and back home.

Meeting Place: Changi Airport MRT Station
Meeting Time: Refer to Photog's Schedule
Attire: Casual wear (shorts will be a good idea as it will be hot when we wonder arnd the perimeter)

Things to Bring: Camera equipment, tripod/monopod (optional), wet weather protection, combat rations + green army bottle - zoom lenses of 200mm and above will be a good idea.

Photog's Schedule

1030 - Meet at Changi Airport BK (Terminal 1)
1100 - Proceed to viewing mall
1230 - Lunch at either food court,staff canteen or BK.
1345 - Bus to Changi Beach
1430 - Arrive at Changi Beach. Location 1.
1600 - proceed to Location 2.
1730 - OTOT + Home Sweet Home + Dinner if you guys want

For all who are keen, please add your nick.
I will start the ball rolling.

1. Klose
XX.

PM me your name and contact details :) Those who joined my previous outing need not do so.

1. Klose
2. Jediforce4ever(Damien)
XX.

i think u just fix the date first... those who can join will join lor..

icarus said:
i think u just fix the date first... those who can join will join lor..

Yes Sir ;) 25th sept it is :)

eh klose, correction ah..

not big jumbo.. outing probably to catch Thai's new livery on Airbus A340-600..

u can call it sausage plane but not jumbo.. it's just.. LONG! :D

Plane spotting.. about looking n observing the plane..

once I noticed the pilot extended landing gear a little later than usual while I was @ ECP ;)

rinaldi86 said:
eh klose, correction ah..

not big jumbo.. outing probably to catch Thai's new livery on Airbus A340-600..

u can call it sausage plane but not jumbo.. it's just.. LONG! :D

Plane spotting.. about looking n observing the plane..

once I noticed the pilot extended landing gear a little later than usual while I was @ ECP ;)

You dont need to enlighten me about planes :bsmilie: you havent seen my true plane fanatic form yet. Anyway the a346 was designed to replace b741s and b742 and in some cases b743s

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

Those 2 shots were taken last year, @ Singapore Sailing Club @ East Coast Park. So maybe this would be another location? just that it's far... have to cycle from East Coast central (where mac is)

1. Klose
3. NMSS_2
XX.

sorry har.... timing?

Klose said:
You dont need to enlighten me about planes :bsmilie: you havent seen my true plane fanatic form yet. Anyway the a346 was designed to replace b741s and b742 and in some cases b743s
lol ok/.

NMSS_2 said:

1. Klose
3. NMSS_2
XX.

sorry har.... timing?
Timing have to check with Jediforce4ever. He knows the timing for the Thai A346

I will be in Msia..
Think I go spot my self when free cos just working near the area..

the best place to shoot would be at the edge of the runway (the perimeter fence). here, can shoot the planes touching down (provided it touches down here lah :bsmilie: ). i like shooting planes too... but this sunday? hmmm... must see schedule first :think:

mohgui said:
the best place to shoot would be at the edge of the runway (the perimeter fence). here, can shoot the planes touching down (provided it touches down here lah :bsmilie: ). i like shooting planes too... but this sunday? hmmm... must see schedule first :think:

Do you know such place at the Changi?
The best spot I found so far is at the Changi Beach Park.

May I, as a regular aviation photographer, advise against going to the perimeter fence as such a large group? Judging from past experience with the airport security authorities, who frown upon photography at the fence, this is not a great idea. We've already had 2 photographers hauled in to the police station for an "interview", they sometimes take your IC particulars too (so bring it along if you guys still going). Mobile units patrol both inside and outside the fence so there's really no escapiing. With such a large group, you're going to get spotted real easily.

Best to shoot from the T1 gallery in the morning. Safe, air con comfort, toilet facilities and a pretty good view of runway 20R which should be the landing runway at this time.

Terence said:
May I, as a regular aviation photographer, advise against going to the perimeter fence as such a large group? Judging from past experience with the airport security authorities, who frown upon photography at the fence, this is not a great idea. We've already had 2 photographers hauled in to the police station for an "interview", they sometimes take your IC particulars too (so bring it along if you guys still going). Mobile units patrol both inside and outside the fence so there's really no escapiing. With such a large group, you're going to get spotted real easily.

Best to shoot from the T1 gallery in the morning. Safe, air con comfort, toilet facilities and a pretty good view of runway 20R which should be the landing runway at this time.
:thumbsup: for a experience aviation photographer

mohgui said:

there is one place i know that this road run ALONG parallel with the runway facing T2, must have transport..... but as wat Terence has say, security and a large no of "gunners" are an issue..

another place, changi beach.. its at this carpark ( forgot which ).. its either going up or coming down directly in front of u..

can try the beach beside SAFRA COUNTRY CLUB... but have to cycle alllll the way there...not far but "siong"... will go find my collection... did went there once to take sunrise...

good luck guys.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

there's a write-up abt aviation photography in this mth's Photo-I. they too recommend shooting from T1 viewing gallery, just to be on the safe side. recommendation also to bring along a polarizer, IIRC, to cut down glare/reflection from the windows. ;)

terence shld know best - he belongs to an international forum grp of aviation shooters! check out the link to his homepage! :bsmilie:

the best place to shoot is still the perimeter fence, but what Terence said is true. with the increase in Airport security, not advisable to shoot there lah.

if you guys want to shoot planes touching down in comfort, then head for T1. if you guys want to shoot the planes on final approach, then SAFRA Resort beach will be one good place. but bear in mind, there're no shelter there (i think so).

mohgui said:
the best place to shoot is still the perimeter fence, but what Terence said is true. with the increase in Airport security, not advisable to shoot there lah.

if you guys want to shoot planes touching down in comfort, then head for T1. if you guys want to shoot the planes on final approach, then SAFRA Resort beach will be one good place. but bear in mind, there're no shelter there (i think so).

I confirm there is no shelter. :) been there a couple of times to shoot weddings.

Status
Not open for further replies.