KL, Here We Come! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinoy

Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP East
www.flickr.com
It's coming a month earlier than planned though. ;p

Any suggestions as to what places in KL you'd consider "A MUST" to visit? I'd like to bring home loads of pics to "commemorate" my first visit to KL, but not much idea where to head to, other than Hard Rock Cafe and Petronas Towers, of course. ;)

Regards,

To "commemorate" your first visit to KL, shoot what you see and what you like. Street, people, buildings, etc, anything you think worth shooting. Not shooting something just because someone told you to.

Originally posted by Pinoy
It's coming a month earlier than planned though. ;p

Any suggestions as to what places in KL you'd consider "A MUST" to visit? I'd like to bring home loads of pics to "commemorate" my first visit to KL, but not much idea where to head to, other than Hard Rock Cafe and Petronas Towers, of course.

Regards,
Not sure is good ideas or not for photo taking...

The M.I.N.E Resort and you can take a pix of Dr M's house. Watch out for the guards though. you can take the Water Taxi from the M.I.N.E shopping complex to the lake. Then to the Golden Horse Palace Hotel.

The Putra Jaya (no sure the name) this is where the new Parliment is. At the edge of MSC. The scenary is nice, The mosque is huge and nice for pix also. Must have car or chartered a Taxi.

Batu Cave.

In PJ area can try the Sunway Lagoon and there is a nice hotel next to it with Epgytian Deco.

Have fun. :)

Originally posted by sebastiansong
so Pinoy have you bought the image tank? or are you sticking with more CF and SM?
Not yet. :cry: Not enough money so I'm thinking of getting a 256MB CF for the time being, and shoot with JPG instead of CRW... that would give me more pic, which I hope would be enough. :)

Regards,

one word of caution... avoiding shooting at any government buildings, police stations and for that matter Mahathir's house without asking for permission first. It is not worth getting into trouble over such matters.

Originally posted by Kevin
Not sure is good ideas or not for photo taking...

The M.I.N.E Resort and you can take a pix of Dr M's house. Watch out for the guards though. you can take the Water Taxi from the M.I.N.E shopping complex to the lake. Then to the Golden Horse Palace Hotel.
Coincidentally, we'll be staying at Palace of the Golden Horses! And we've got tickets to MINE Wonderland... dunno whether that's near to the MINE Resort you're talking about.. but I'll definitely take note!

BTW, what's with the guards? :)

The Putra Jaya (no sure the name) this is where the new Parliment is. At the edge of MSC. The scenary is nice, The mosque is huge and nice for pix also. Must have car or chartered a Taxi.

Batu Cave.

In PJ area can try the Sunway Lagoon and there is a nice hotel next to it with Epgytian Deco.

Have fun. :)
I'm reserving the Sunway Lagoon for our next trip, so that's not in our itenary for now :)

Thanks for the recommendations!

Regards,

Originally posted by sebastiansong
one word of caution... avoiding shooting at any government buildings, police stations and for that matter Mahathir's house without asking for permission first. It is not worth getting into trouble over such matters.
I see. This may well be what Kevin meant about the guards. Thanks for the tip.

Err... do you think I should remove my goatie as well? :D

Regards,

Coincidentally, we'll be staying at Palace of the Golden Horses! And we've got tickets to MINE Wonderland... dunno whether that's near to the MINE Resort you're talking about.. but I'll definitely take note!

BTW, what's with the guards? :)
Great, if you are staying at the Golden Horse Hotel. I didn't stay there B4 but heard is 6 stars hotel. The hotel is on one side of the lake, let say west side then the MINE Reort (a beach hotel) is on the east side with the wonderland (err! a supermini theme park I think), International Convention centre and the shopping complex. There is cinema (DD sound), ice skating and bowling facilities in the complex. While you take the Water Taxi from west to east then Dr M's house is on the North, the bunglow with a nice chimney. My ex office used to be on the south side side of the lake. If you want to take pix while in the Water Taxi, be careful. IF the wind blow strongly against you , the water may splah up very high and give you a bit of shower of Blessing. It may not be as nice as some beautiful scenic places in Europe but it is certainly a change from Petronas Tower. Tell me how you like so I know next time should recommend this place or not. Yah, for security reason recently, may be better don't take pix of Dr M's house for unneccessary trouble like Sebastian said.

For the Putra Jaya, I think is OK because Dr M trying to promote the place to be a tourist spot. That is a nice place I like to be. Try to go around 6.00 pm I was told the sunset is nice.

Have a nice trip. :)

Originally posted by Kevin
Have a nice trip. :)
Thanks. Saw one site with a virtual tour of PutraJaya... surely looks interesting. There's also this Titiwangsa Park which looks like a good place for some photoshoot. Might go there if we still have time.

BTW, do you know if the power plugs of Singapore and Malaysia are the same?

Regards,

Thanks. Saw one site with a virtual tour of PutraJaya... surely looks interesting. There's also this Titiwangsa Park which looks like a good place for some photoshoot. Might go there if we still have time.

BTW, do you know if the power plugs of Singapore and Malaysia are the same?

Regards,
Yes, they are the same plug and voltage.

Yah, forgot about the Titiwangsa Park. Went to a Restaurant there once long time ago. the night scene is nice.

Enjoy yourself...;)

Hi Pinoy,

I've moved your thread to the general photography forum which I believe is more appropriate for this discussion rather then in the photo gallery. Have fun in your KL trip and happy shooting. We'll be waiting for you to posts your shots when you are back :)

Pay $8 and go up to the KL tower... u can get great shots from there. I went up last week with some overseas friend but I forgot to ring my camera.. what a waste..

Go KLIA, KLCC, Pudu there also not bad.

Originally posted by cliveming
Go KLIA, KLCC, Pudu there also not bad.

go pudu jail.. if its still open to public for visiting..

its haunted as many says.. if can go in see can snap a pic of ghost or not.. hehe..

Status
Not open for further replies.