Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiksive

Feb 28, 2007
Hi, may i know when u keep yr camera do u still have your lens atach on the camera?thankz

Hi, may i know when u keep yr camera do u still have your lens atach on the camera?thankz
depends on the person shooting style and situation. I keep mine fixed and on quick standby so that in few seconds can be ready for photo taking.

Most of the time, I keep my lens detached from the body as when comes to events like press conferences, I can decide what sort of lens to fit in which body like 70-200mm lens goes to my 30D body and the 16-35mm lens my FF body (1Ds MARK III). :cool:

On the go during travelling i attach a lens. too troublesome for me to fish out the camera mount cap and change every now and then and introduce more dust switching, and besides, i might miss shooting something impromptu.

If you are referring to keeping in dry cabinet, i keep them seperated. Mainly because space is becoming a premium :bsmilie:

Ryan

I'll remove the lens when storing the Camera back home.... but I'll keep the lens on the camera if I'm still planning to shoot. :thumbsup:

any significant differences if keeping the lens attached or detach when storing inside the dry cabinet unless space constraint? i normally keep them attached... its easier for me cos i normally shoot using 17-50.. so i juz keep them on...

Just keep it on.. esp if it's a short lens

My 35mm f/2 is my expensive body cap that I leave on almost all the time. Besides with that on, I can switch on and shoot almost instantly. No need to remove lens rear cap and body cap then mount the lens to be ready to shoot.

The only time my body goes without a lens is storage into some bags, especially when I don't expect to shoot within short notice, or when I am storing in the dry cabinet.

For me, camera and lens are always together.

I don't find storage difficult, even if the cam is in a bag. If I'm using a long lens, then i'll put in a vertical position in my bagpack.

Sometimes I leave the lens mounted, sometimes I detach it for the dSLR. No really issue either way, except for storage concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.