kit lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlee12

May 4, 2009
hi! currently i'm using the 500d kit lens. After about 2 months of usage, i'm thinking of getting a faster lens. I'm thinking of getting either Tamron 17-50mm or 24-75mm. Both f2.8.

Between these 2 lenses, which one is a better option. (eg. better image quality and etc)? any advise?

Thanks.

hi! currently i'm using the 500d kit lens. After about 2 months of usage, i'm thinking of getting a faster lens. I'm thinking of getting either Tamron 17-50mm or 24-75mm. Both f2.8.

Between these 2 lenses, which one is a better option. (eg. better image quality and etc)? any advise?

Thanks.

It's 28-75 btw... and the IQ is similar... just the focal length difference. See which you'd need more.

one is originally design for 35mm film body, one is design for 1.5 crop DSLR, the focal length of both lenses similar on respective format. in term of image quality are also similar.

for your current camera, one lens will be have slightly longer focal length, one lens will have slightly wider angle, see which is more suitable for you.

hi! is this 28-75 compatible wiht the canon 500d? i believe it's quite an old lens compared to the 17-50 right?

hi! is this 28-75 compatible wiht the canon 500d? i believe it's quite an old lens compared to the 17-50 right?

of course it's compatible with your 500D, just that the widest end after a 1.6x cropped, will be quite narrow for you if you are a landscape shooter. 17-50 is a wiser choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.