Kingfishers are soooooo shy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
He won't allow me to go 10 meters close to him, everytime I get close, he flies to
opposite of the pond. After chasing three times, I gave up. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

dRebelXT said:
He won't allow me to go 10 meters close to him, everytime I get close, he flies to
opposite of the pond. After chasing three times, I gave up. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

He tot you gay. :sweatsm:

Birds are like that. It is not because they are shy, but mainly because of their instincts. They think you are going to hammer them with your birding mama.

AF-S 600mm f/4D IF-ED II. :D

you need at least 400mm prime. min ;)

Kingfisher?

I ride here and there...passing them by the road spotting them by the "long kao"...not bothering about me! ;p
But...
The moment I stop my bike....he fly away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

i had been 7-8 metres from them, but they were graceful and resisted from flying away. better luck.

afbug said:
He tot you gay. :sweatsm:
very disgust abt such mental illness.

Just to share, there was one bird (not kingfisher or crow or pigeon) that allowed me to shoot about less than a metre away from it. And it was happily preening (is that how you spell it?) itself. Really. It was a bird the size of a sparrow and I could get a close up of it using (not) my 300mm.

Squirrels are much more cooperative, but they don't make good subject and
always hide in trees. I saw tens of them in Tiger Bam resort last time.

Fluorite said:
Just to share, there was one bird (not kingfisher or crow or pigeon) that allowed me to shoot about less than a metre away from it. And it was happily preening (is that how you spell it?) itself. Really. It was a bird the size of a sparrow and I could get a close up of it using (not) my 300mm.
It must be sunbird. I also saw a number of them in the garden behind my office, pecking
among flowers and allow me walk really close to it, but not able to take cameras during
work time.

Status
Not open for further replies.