Kingdom Of Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Anyone caught this movie yet? What are your thoughts? ;)

kinda long winded...

Orlando confirm does not have that type of screen presense required for this type of movie....

his look still the pretty boy , not the karang type.. :thumbsd:

I feel some parts of the movie is portaryed the same way like in Black Hawk Down... especially the part where the camera zooms out to show the aftermath of the battle at the gap in the city's wall. It's the same like after super 61 went down in BHD :)

yeah.. i missed the first 10 minutes too ..

anyone knw why he killed the priest?
and how did his wife n child die?

kamsiah

so is the show worth watching?
imdb.com rating of 7.1/10 from 4K votes
:think:s

wilis128 said:
yeah.. i missed the first 10 minutes too ..

anyone knw why he killed the priest?
and how did his wife n child die?

kamsiah

can't say here, spoliers for the movie ma..
in case others haven watched it yet...

the priest humuliated his wife after her death, so he killed him

the show was slow at the beginning but it gets better as it progresses. I would say its a not-so-bad movie..pretty enjoyable especially the war tactics employed. and also not forgetting some interesting characters like saladin..
Do go catch it if anyone has not catch it yet :)
Star Wars is coming! The force is back with a final instalment :thumbsup:

It has a good story line, but suffer from so-so editing. Some of the scenes changed a bit too abruptly. Somehow the movie is filmed a bit too artistically for my taste. The style is almost the same as Gladiator (same director I guess). But still, overall its an enjoyable movie. Worth watching.

the main core of the story is good...

it tells people it's not bout religion or personal gains...it's bout what's in your heart and how good a person you wanna be, no matter what religion you are.
What Orlando said in the end was pretty true, the real God lies in your heart. And not fighting in God's name in vain for a city over a few hundred years, the amount of bloodshed just for occupancy. bleah.

The muslim actors in the movie are all really muslims, i think the dude who acted as Salahudin (or whichever spelling) is pretty good. The scenes of muslims doing their prayers and all make the movie pretty realistic. The CI-generated soldiers weren't that obvious, added to the grandeur. Two smart commanders trying to outwit each other, i love the ending battle scene. Pretty grand i should say.

The portrayal of certain characters who abuse religion for fanatic reasons and personal gains is clearly showed in the movie, they didn't have a good end. Afterall people in the past are pretty ruthless, can see the kind of punishment they met out on prisoners. :sweat:

My description a little bit spoiler....hehehehehe :sweatsm:

I almost puke when orlando make the before war speech to his army. I found it distasteful and he don't carry that kind of presence I expected. You see the show braveheart and you'ii know what I mean. Frankly orlando is more suitable in supportive roles like in LOTR. The show is draggy, almost fell asleep in the beggining and ending has no meaning. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: for me.

ThomasD said:
I almost puke when orlando make the before war speech to his army. I found it distasteful ....

the one where he rally the people of the city to put up a fight?

Hrmm... personally I prefer Gladiators, at least it don't talk about all the religious stuffs. :think:

And... I'll rather watch Russel Crowe fight then that er... pillow boy.

togu said:
Hrmm... personally I prefer Gladiators, at least it don't talk about all the religious stuffs. :think:

And... I'll rather watch Russel Crowe fight then that er... pillow boy.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: pillow boy... :bsmilie:

anyway, he really can't pull off the role well enough, i think he did better in pirates of the carribean with johnny depp...

he looked more better suit like a noble than a griefing/gloomy blacksmith or a great fighter. he doesnt have the tough look.

the movie is great for its gore. very mediocre for its story, movie directions & characters.

haha, and the quote of the whole show is
"convert to muslim and repent later"

laugh said:
haha, and the quote of the whole show is
"convert to muslim and repent later"

agreed that was a definite laugh...see the fear in that priest's eyes at the brink of war. hahaahha

and he was the only one who didn't kneel when a call to arms was called. Sheesh...so much for him fighting for his own city. Actually i didn't take note whether he survived the battle. Did he? haaha

sbs99 said:
agreed that was a definite laugh...see the fear in that priest's eyes at the brink of war. hahaahha

and he was the only one who didn't kneel when a call to arms was called. Sheesh...so much for him fighting for his own city. Actually i didn't take note whether he survived the battle. Did he? haaha

if my memory didn fail me, he did...
when saladin agreed to the terms, after orlando went back, the priest was there somewhere in the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.