Kinect for XBOX 360 launches in Singapore

kwttan

Jan 8, 2010
Concrete jungle
Saw on news that long queue buying Kinect for XBOX 360, anyone bought and tried?
I have a XBOX 360 (free gift), but seldom play and the games are NOT children friendly.
Would like to get some feedback on Kinect.

Still very happy with my Nintendo Wii. Can't imagine playing a shooting game without a Zapper! No feel leh... ;p

You need a LOT of free space for the Kinect. It seems MS assumed everyone lives in a mansion.

I just got the PS3 Play, very fun and accurate, made me stop playing on the Wii already...

Now bring on a Star Wars game!!!

Kinetic is a Wii killer. The next family oriented game machine which from the looks of it, is quite accurate with it's motion detection. Being able to detect 6 people at the same time, families should be having a brand new twist to playing a game at home.
PS on the other hand should still be staying on longer for their games that traditionally still needs a controller to play.
Heck how do we play Winning Eleven, FF series, Burnout, F1.........(Hope Sony dont go into the same line as the kinetic. some games are mean to be played with a controller!!!)

P.S
Anybody had a kinetic already?

can old xbox360 convert to this??

You need a LOT of free space for the Kinect. It seems MS assumed everyone lives in a mansion.

I just got the PS3 Play, very fun and accurate, made me stop playing on the Wii already...

Now bring on a Star Wars game!!!

I saw this review which said that the Sonic kinect game requires you to ram your head into your friend when you play 2 player :thumbsd:

And apparently in some games where your hands fly far away and goes beyond the camera's range, it doesn't register. And if you flail your hands too fast in boxing it doesn't register either. Seems like it needs some work before it's successful.

Last edited:
I saw this review which said that the Sonic kinect game requires you to ram your head into your friend when you play 2 player :thumbsd:

Serious!? Maybe is the motion and not strength that enable 2 players gaming. Else after playing this game, hospitals will see a sharp rise in patients seeking medical attention for head concussion. :bsmilie:

At a min 2.4m distance, many homes are just too small to use.

I measured my room use for XBOX360 gaming, wall to wall is 2.4m already! And LCD is wall mounted.

Last edited:
Went down to Plaza Singapura to take a look at the roadshow, the kinect movement detection is not as fast/smooth as it appears in the trailers.

Quote from wikipedia: The Kinect sensor has a practical ranging limit of 1.2–3.5 metres (3.9–11 ft) distance when used with the Xbox software, although the sensor can maintain tracking through an extended range of approximately 0.7–6 metres (2.3–20 ft)

From the roadshow, the distance to sense movement is roughly the size of the typical living room in sg ba. Go down and take a look!

I think the only good things abt the game us the dancing and star wars which is only out next year.

I still need the secure feeling that I am holding something and bashing the opponent with a sledgehammer or battle axe, so hands free just doesn't feel right.:bsmilie:

I think the games avaliable will determine the systems success.

.(Hope Sony dont go into the same line as the kinetic. some games are mean to be played with a controller!!!)

There's the PS3 play. Uses controllers. VERY accurate too.

you mean ps3 move? that one looks like dildo.

Hahaha! Yes, but it's really very very accurate. And when you're playing a shooting or swordfighting game, it's much much much better than kinect.

I bought the kinect! Chiong JB and bought 7 games. It's damn fun! Now gonna sell off my wii.

I'm sticking to my Wii. Works for me with the remotes, Zappers, and all other accessories. The whole family loves it and the titles are all suitable for both the young and old to enjoy for a long time.

Anybody knows if there is any promotion for the Kinect at Sitex?

Yes, there's kinect promotion over at sitex. Confirmed. $229 for the kinect itself.

I guess the concept behind Kinect is a very forward looking, unfortunately th implementation is poor and the technology is still in its infancy ... for now, happy with my PS Move! Woo hoo! :)