Kindly Suggest Good Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethgWrong

Sep 4, 2009
Singapore
Hi Friends,

I would like to buy a tripod for my Nikon D3000.

My Requirements are...

Should support Nikon D3000 and Handy cam

No problem if its Heavy...

I would like upgrade my dslr in future (So it should support).

Price b/w 100SGD & 145SGD

I travel lot.

Kindly suggest Shop Name also...

Thanks in advance

Looking for your reply.

Bring your setup and take a look at CP at Peninsula Plaza, you can slowly try out their range of manfrotto and slik tripod. This 2 brands are decent and will fit within your budget. :)

oh thanks...

:D If possible could you tell me the Model which suits for Nikon D3000...

If you travel alot, get the benro travel angel series tripod. Look for Jack006 from Benphoto.
At least $200.

If you are getting the tripod for BOTH the D3000 and a camcorder, go for a tripod with a pan head. Something like this.

If you want to use it for D3000 or still camera only, get one with a Ball head. Something which look like this.

150 budget will get you a tripod good enough for D3000 and kit lens for now. But once you start getting better lenses and better cameras in the future, you will need to get a better tripod to support the weight. If you want a good acceptable one to begin with, your budget have to go up to around 200-500.

Go to GITZO website and download their 2009 catalog for tripods.

Make sure the tripod head and the tripod itself can support the maximum load intended with extra safety load factor and with good damping properties.

If your maximum load is say 4Kg then select the head and tripod which can support say 8 - 10 Kg. The reason being that this will give you smooth operation of the head. If you select just enough to carry the load then the operation may not be smooth.

:bsmilie:

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

I would like to buy a tripod for my Nikon D3000.

My Requirements are...

Should support Nikon D3000 and Handy cam

I travel lot.

Kindly suggest Shop Name also...

Thanks in advance

Looking for your reply.
This one. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450021

Its an old made in japan model but if you are the type who like to go outfield, the slik u212 will do the job. Take note it weighs just about as much as an assault rifle.

For city use there are plenty to choose from.

Hi Friends,

I travel lot.

With that kind of budget, I doubt u can get what you needed.
Light, rugged & compact tripod is more convenient for traveling.

pay a visit to benphoto for benro tripods. they have some cheap and pretty good ones there. service is quite gd also. i can't suggest a few models for you as i believe its a better idea for you to go down and take a look and pick from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.